Honored Contributor

I have been awake seemingly forever and it's still not time to take a shower and start the day.

Yes, another time change thread.  I hate the fall back.  If I were a sleeper perhaps I'd feel differently but, alas, I am not.

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Honored Contributor

@gidgetgh - We can keep each other company. Dread the time change. Then at 2 am door bell started to randomly ring. Scared the stuffing out of me and not able to sleep and I have so much to do today. Southern Bee

Respected Contributor

Count me in as another person that has difficulty sleeping.  These times changes really make my life difficult and I so wish they would do away with it.  I have been awake since 3:00AM.........  

“I heard the sound I had to follow”
In Your Wildest Dreams by Justin Hayward
Trusted Contributor

I am "lovin' every minute of it".  Got up at 3:15, walking 3:30- 4:45, then inside for shower and wash hair and style.  Now having coffee and back in my nightgown and robe.  Going to read ( a book recommended here, thanks) most of the day  and watch a couple of movies!

Honored Contributor

Me too. Woke up and clock said 4am. Guess I should have stayed up later last night.

Honored Contributor

I have always hated this. I wish we could stay on standard time. I would never want to be on DST all year. In the winter at the darkest part, our full daylight comes so late in the morning. Our children went to school in total darkness..The only way I can explain it is consider winter in the Scandinavian countries when they  have only about 1 hr of daylight because they are so far north..

Honored Contributor

@avid shopper wrote:

I am "lovin' every minute of it".  Got up at 3:15, walking 3:30- 4:45, then inside for shower and wash hair and style.  Now having coffee and back in my nightgown and robe.  Going to read ( a book recommended here, thanks) most of the day  and watch a couple of movies!

-----

You are a bundle of energy @avid shopper . Do you walk outside at that early hour? Our treadmill is loud so I don't think I could walk inside, but I wouldn't want to be out in the dark either.

Esteemed Contributor

I just spent some time digging around for instruction booklets on how to set the time on all the digital clocks on various appliances & clocks. And then try to co-ordinate them so they all change time at the same time....yeesh. The only one I refuse to do is one of those wall clocks that shows not just the time but the temp inside & outside and the date & the moom phase, I think they call them atomic clocks. The instructions for that one might as well be in Greek.

Honored Contributor

@AuntG : Time to get up but feel like hit by a train and no energy plus cold. Southern Bee

Honored Contributor

I have a few clocks that don't adjust automatically for the time change.  Some years I don't even bother adjusting them for the Fall "fall back."  After all, in only four months, they will be correct again.  Sometimes it pays to be lazy.  Smiley Happy