Occasional Contributor

I get really offended when a host describes a piece of clothing by saying "It's EVERYTHING".  Other than as something to cover the body, a piece of clothing has no real value to someone who's starving...or a refugee trying to get their family out of a war zone to safety...or someone with a serious illness...and on and on.  To say a blouse or a skirt or slacks is everything just seems so shallow and completely self-absorbed and lacking in awareness of what is actually improtant in life... especially considering the world we now inhabit.  I'm not trying to be PC, I'm truly upset by this.

Honored Contributor

I hope you feel better now that you got it out of your system.

Respected Contributor

Re: It's Not "Everything"

[ Edited ]

Things like that shouldn't be taken so literal.

It's just clothing - nothing more.

Honored Contributor

I don't see the connection.

Honored Contributor

Re: It's Not "Everything"

[ Edited ]

My pet peeve - hosts and guests who say they are "obsessed" over a certain item of clothing or a certain color.

btw - the people who say this the most appear to be "obsessed" over almost everything!!!

Honored Contributor

We can be offended by so many things that it is hard to be happy...let it go.There is so much to be thankful for in this country.

Honored Contributor

I can't imagine being that offended, and still at home watching QVC ... 

Honored Contributor

What exactly do you want the host to say when trying to sell a top, @algin?

I don't recall hearing a host use that term.  

Honored Contributor

@algin  If you get this ticked off/annoyed at something this trivial.... how the heck do you handle the really serious stuff? 

As someone else said, don't take it so literally.

Honored Contributor

The hosts will say anything to sell an item but I wouldn't take this personally.  It is just an empty statement to push a sale.  I don't ever pay attention to any of the hosts, I buy what I like and can afford and not based on what a host says or pushes.  

You are right about this being trivial with what is going on around us but it is a shopping channel and it is the job of each host to sell, sell, sell.  In my opinion your health is everything, 

Enjoy your day.