Esteemed Contributor

@shaggygirl wrote:

How about the new host Alex who dies over everything. "Oh I'm dead" "I'm dead over this"..........and so on. Must have heard her being dead over something at least 3 times in 15 min early this morning. Some other phrase as well over & over, think it was "Are you kidding me" or something along those lines. Finally woke up enough to turn the tv back off.  Think it was Isaac who started the "it's everything" then it started spreading to the others.

Yes...she is full of phrases.....everything one night was "elevated"...........over and over again...too hyped up for me  and rushes the presentations and vendors....and also

she kept saying "snap"...etc..ugh.  but it is a job...

Respected Contributor

@algin wrote:

I get really offended when a host describes a piece of clothing by saying "It's EVERYTHING".  Other than as something to cover the body, a piece of clothing has no real value to someone who's starving...or a refugee trying to get their family out of a war zone to safety...or someone with a serious illness...and on and on.  To say a blouse or a skirt or slacks is everything just seems so shallow and completely self-absorbed and lacking in awareness of what is actually improtant in life... especially considering the world we now inhabit.  I'm not trying to be PC, I'm truly upset by this.

If your feelings are that strong, put them into meaningful action : volunteer!

Places of worship, non-profits. outreaches, hospitals, schools, the list and needs are endless.

You can make this a real opportunity for yourself and others.

Super Contributor
Oh geez, OP! Some people will complain about ANYTHING!
Honored Contributor

@Noel7 wrote:

@algin wrote:

I get really offended when a host describes a piece of clothing by saying "It's EVERYTHING".  Other than as something to cover the body, a piece of clothing has no real value to someone who's starving...or a refugee trying to get their family out of a war zone to safety...or someone with a serious illness...and on and on.  To say a blouse or a skirt or slacks is everything just seems so shallow and completely self-absorbed and lacking in awareness of what is actually improtant in life... especially considering the world we now inhabit.  I'm not trying to be PC, I'm truly upset by this.

It's hyperbole.  You can't be serious.

There are those who are only able to think literally and concretely. They're missing the "what if" and imagination genes.

I think most of us get annoyed by little things all the time, but that annoyance is momentary for most of us - like a fly that might buzz around a time or two and is then gone. 

It would not occur to me, honestly, to whi...complain about all of those meaningless little things to others - family, friends, co-workers - because, honestly, no one cares. And if those who know you don't care, why would strangers care?

We are all exposed to sales pitches from toddlerhood. It's been shown that even Sesame Street aged kids can be shown a commercial geared to them and know what's "real" and what isn't. 

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Honored Contributor

My problem with that usage is it sounds stupid. Purchase a Thesaurus, the English language is full of wonderful descriptive words, learn some, and use them !!!

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Respected Contributor

shopping channels are not my everything.   no way to offend me.

~~who/what is responsible for your joy? YOU!~~
Esteemed Contributor

Years ago, one of the training classes I had was speaking before a large audience.  I was terrified, and with good reason.

We were required to WATCH a video of our presentation while the teacher/class reviewed our technique.

I've often wondered if the hosts are required to watch tapes of their presentations. 

It sure gives one a good idea of what NOT to do and sayCat LOL

Respected Contributor

@algin wrote:

So shut off the TV and only buy from those companies selling shoddy products they promise to donate to the untrackable needy in distant places for every one you buy. You should feel much better, even if the shoes fall apart after you wear them 3 times. 

Honored Contributor

@maestra wrote:

@algin wrote:

If your feelings are that strong, put them into meaningful action : volunteer!

Places of worship, non-profits. outreaches, hospitals, schools, the list and needs are endless.

You can make this a real opportunity for yourself and others.

@maestra  I was just going to say that.  Eyes on your own paper!  LOL

I find it almost funny, but not really, that people who have the most mundane complaints never have solutions to the world in which they live.

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Highlighted
Respected Contributor

@Cakers3 I have 2 thoughts.

1. Great minds think alike.

2. If you're cant be part of the solution, then dont be part of the problem. ( I may have misquoted #2 ; I still suffer from chemo brain or you can call me Miss Malaprop.)