Respected Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

On Sunday, Death Valley recorded the hottest temperature on earth at 130°.  If verified, it could be the hottest temperature recorded in the world in the past 100+ years.

The all-time world hireegh of 134° was recorded  in 1913, in Death Valley.

And you thought Phoenix was hot.

@Kachina624   I don't know how ya'll stand it..  Or how you can afford to A/C your home with those temps.  It can get to the upper 90's here in central NC and once in a while it will get over 100 degrees..  It is unbearable with the high humity values.  Global warming maybe - I know it was not always this hot in the summertime.

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624  7:27pm    HARK!    I hear THUNDER !!!!!!!!

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Honored Contributor

@KatieB wrote:

@Kachina624 wrote:

On Sunday, Death Valley recorded the hottest temperature on earth at 130°.  If verified, it could be the hottest temperature recorded in the world in the past 100+ years.

The all-time world hireegh of 134° was recorded  in 1913, in Death Valley.

And you thought Phoenix was hot.

@Kachina624   I don't know how ya'll stand it..  Or how you can afford to A/C your home with those temps.  It can get to the upper 90's here in central NC and once in a while it will get over 100 degrees..  It is unbearable with the high humity values.  Global warming maybe - I know it was not always this hot in the summertime.

@KatieB   It's not so hot in Albuquerque because our altitude is over 5200 ft.  I cool my house with an evaporative cooler, which just uses water and a fan but is very effective.  My electric bill for July was $84.  House during the day stays at about 72°.  It has been over 100° 4 times this summer but is 96-98° most days.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@Desertdi wrote:

@Desertdi   Well, did it or not?

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@Desertdi wrote:

@Desertdi   Well, did it or not?

@Kachina624   7: 54 Not yet.........but the wind is starting to blow pretty hard.

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Honored Contributor

@Desertdi   Downdrafts from distant storms probably in the mountains.

Esteemed Contributor

The town(Ridgecrest CA) in Mojave Desert where I worked for 23 years prior to retirement was told by SCE (power) that tonight they must turn off everything, except coolers, or risk crashing the grid!!! It was 116 today for third day in a row!!!!!! I'm sure that there are many other cities in CA facing the same.

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@Desertdi   Downdrafts from distant storms probably in the mountains.

@Kachina624     Still dry.....I think Mother Nature just played a joke on us.  di

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Honored Contributor

@Desertdi    That happens here a couple times a week.  Lots of bluster and thunder, then nothing.

Esteemed Contributor

@Kachina624 ...I lived in California, Los Angeles to be exact, from 1964 until 1004 when we moved to Arizona.  I never had the AC on at night in CA, nor did I experience the temperatures we have in Arizona.  I don't know how hot it is in CA now but I'll still take theirs over ours.

My daughter keeps setting the AC on 68 degrees and I keep jacking it up to 72.  In the middle of the night suddenly I am freezing because she gets up and lowers the temperature, we are now playing Russian roulette with the thermostat. 

Woman Frustrated

The moving finger writes; And having writ, Moves on: nor all your Piety nor Wit Shall lure it back to cancel half a Line Nor all your Tears Wash out a Word of it. Omar Khayam