Honored Contributor

On Sunday, Death Valley recorded the hottest temperature on earth at 130°.  If verified, it could be the hottest temperature recorded in the world in the past 100+ years.

The all-time world high of 134° was recorded  in 1913, in Death Valley.

And you thought Phoenix was hot.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@Kachina624  Years ago  in 1980, I was in Death Valley( long story....) and it was  114 degrees....it was UNBEARABLE ! 😩 Can not IMAGINE 130 degrees!  That would kill me.

Honored Contributor

It's nice here. It's only 91° with light wind, low humidity finally. The AC keeps coming on. I had to put on some pants. DH is hot & I'm about to freeze. I need to go back outside to warm up. 

They had a recall on my thyroid medication so I don't think I'm taking enough of this new stuff or I would not be freezing.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Wow!!  Our cold front hit today after last night's storm and is only 85 instead of the 100+ it has been for days.

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Honored Contributor

@SeaMaiden   People in Arizona and parts of California live with those temps every summer.  I don't know how they stand it either.

@Nightowlz    Maybe dh has the thermostat set on 60°.  Better check.

Trusted Contributor

We are still under excessive heat warning.  Last evening it got super dark outside, wind was howling, thunder and lightning as far as the eye could see. DH thought for sure we would get some rain ( badly needed ) and we got all of 5 drops.  Very disappointing.   Promise of more storms this evening.  Maybe we will get lucky.

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@SeaMaiden   People in Arizona and parts of California live with those temps every summer.  I don't know how they stand it either.

@Nightowlz    Maybe dh has the thermostat set on 60°.  Better check.

@Kachina624 

It's on 73°. The Nest Thermostat knows what we like so even when we change it Nest always changes it back to 73° I put it on 75° so it would not come on. I started getting cold again because it went back to 73°. LOL!!!

Honored Contributor

@Pezzie wrote:

We are still under excessive heat warning.  Last evening it got super dark outside, wind was howling, thunder and lightning as far as the eye could see. DH thought for sure we would get some rain ( badly needed ) and we got all of 5 drops.  Very disappointing.   Promise of more storms this evening.  Maybe we will get lucky.

@Pezzie 

We had 15" of rain in July with all the storms & humidity. Glad it finally moved out. We still have these strange storms move through in the middle of the night that were not in the forecast.

Hope you get some rain but not bad storms.

Trusted Contributor

@Nightowlz 

Gee, we don't even know what's it like to get a 1/4 inch of rain, let alone 15!  

Honored Contributor

@Nightowlz   Where in the world are you?  We only get about 7" of rain a year, mostly at this time, and we're way behind for 2020.  I can't even remember our last good rain.