Respected Contributor

Re: It's Hot, It's Miserable--What Makes Life Better Today?

One of the best things I found when I was having hot flashes (never took hormones) was to drink ice water.  This also helped when we lost power a couple of years ago in June and temps were high 90's.

And if all else fails, pour the ice water on your head.

Honored Contributor

@ID2 wrote:

The hotter the better for me! I LOVE Summer! I get out of the house and go for one of my daily power walks and sweat all of the impurities out of my body! What a great feeling! Woman Happy

Then why do you live in MI? Makes no sense if you love hot weather. 

Contributor

Chunks of ice cold watermelon. 🍉
Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@RetRN , you're 100% correct! Great reply!    :-)

However, most likely she will not see your reply. She always says that she never goes back to any post - she makes a comment "and moves-on"!

Esteemed Contributor

Since we love the hot, tropical weather, we go to the beach!

20220718_184244.jpg

20220629_111142(0).jpg20220629_104726.jpg

Fear not Brothers and Sisters! I have read THE BOOK..........we win!!!
Super Contributor

@Lynnabby  YES! How could I forget about watermelon...........Love it , just hate to carve it.

Valued Contributor

I've been hooked on Lindy's Italian Ice...orange with a vanilla ice cream swirl through it. Cools me down like nothing else.   

Honored Contributor

An OUTSHINE LIME POPSICLE does the trick!  So refreshing and helps me keep cool....

Funny cat gets brain freeze - video Dailymotion

Outshine Fruit Ice Bars Lime 6 - Online Groceries | Safeway

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Regular Contributor

Ice water and watching Shark shows on National Geographic channel. All the water scenes are cooling to me. The underwater photography is amazing.
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

We have ceiling fans in every room except the kitchen and bathrooms. They lower the temp in the room by 4 degrees and that is a big help.  Iced tea or water in my big YETI. Uo makes a difference. Fill with ice in the morning and it lasts all day. It is currently 107 outside and feels like 114. No rain since June 3 and no end in sight for triple digits. This is our 31st consecutive day of triple digits. The humidity now is 55%. It can make you weak when you walk outside. We are just staying inside as much as possible. No major appliances between 2 and 9 pm, thermostats at 76 or higher, and plenty of water. DH and I both have health conditions that make the heat even more dangerous. We are under a excessive heat warning.