Honored Contributor

Re: It's Hot, It's Miserable--What Makes Life Better Today?

This reminds me. The Seven Year Itch is a classic hot weather in the city movie. A middle aged married man (with wife and son out of town) mistakes Marilyn's excitement over sharing his air conditioning unit in his apartment -- for interest in himself.it's too ****** hot - The Something Awful Forums

CinemaStyleFiles: The Seven Year Itch and the Subway Dress | Harper's  Bazaar Arabia

^^^ THIS is how I feel when I first walk in the door and feel the AC.

Blowing in the Wind: Marilyn Monroe and That Iconic White Dress

Marilyn Monroe Subway on Make a GIF

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Respected Contributor

I feel your pain. The weatherman is on right now and said it is obnoxiously hot. Good description.now he is talking about "fire tornadoes" due to the wildfires. Good news is he said we might get a few clouds for about an hour on Friday. Whoopee! 

Honored Contributor

I invite everyone to pack up and come to the mountains of WV!  

We had a high today of 82, but this is more of a typical summer temperature for this area, not sweltering.  Most of our high temperatures are in July and August.   

Rain has been frequent here for weeks; our rivers and streams are full.  Rain is in the forecast for tonight as well.   

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@RedTop wrote:

I invite everyone to pack up and come to the mountains of WV!  

We had a high today of 82, but this is more of a typical summer temperature for this area, not sweltering.  Most of our high temperatures are in July and August.   

Rain has been frequent here for weeks; our rivers and streams are full.  Rain is in the forecast for tonight as well.   

@RedTop 

Please please share some of your RAIN ⛈🌦and cooler weather

with us in South Texas......

download (4).jpg

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

It's more than hot.  It's dangerous now.  This is the 2nd day of heat over 96F.  It will be over 100F this Saturday.  And all of next week will be the same.  I only go out to get to and from work.  I only hurry to get the mail before I get in to the door. i wait until nightfall to take out the trash.  Otherwise, I don't leave the house.  Yes, I drink iced tea, lemonade, etc.  I no longer cook.  Our dinner consists of salads and tomato/cucumber sandwiches.  I have chicken salad also.  But no cooking. This weekend, I'll order food from instacart.  Only get out of the house to pick up the food.  It'll be delivered. 

Honored Contributor

@RetRN wrote:

@ID2 wrote:@

The hotter the better for me! I LOVE Summer! I get out of the house and go for one of my daily power walks and sweat all of the impurities out of my body! What a great feeling! Woman Happy

Then why do you live in MI? Makes no sense if you love hot weather. 

@RetRN In my world, you can't just live where you would like to live.  I doubt I'm alone in that.

Honored Contributor

This will be day two of helping at a wonderful inside, air conditioned civic center full of handmade crafts!

I have my eye on a woven handmade black silk shawl!Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

My invitation to come to WV still stands; 70% chance of rain, with temps in the mid to high 70's thru the 30th.   Showers are expected to be spotty, but heavy at times, with localized flooding likely.   We are not affected by high water.  

Honored Contributor

I drink iced tea everyday, even in the middle of winter.  It's been a daily part of my life since I was little bitty!

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Honored Contributor

"It's Hot, It's Miserable--What Makes Life Better Today"

What made my life better today is that I found out that I'm going to be a grandma for the first time! Smiley Happy