Esteemed Contributor

Yesterday, San Francisco was 100 degrees! 

Today, it is only a few degrees cooler.

It's unseasonably hot where I am, and so I decided to go to a near by river to play in the water.

The water was ice cold!

I can't do ice cold water, but I did go in up to my thighs.

I also slathered on the suntan oil, and baked.

I did not get burned, but I did get a nice base tan.

On the way home, some road work was being done, so traffic was stopped. I looked in my rearview mirror, and there was a cop behind me.

Once traffic got moving again, I made darn tootin' that I was doing the speed limit (I always do the speed limit, but this time I made extra sure that I did! *lol*)

Once a passing lane came up, he passed me, I gave him a TWO finger salute, and he continued on his way.

It's still warm out.

It's about 83 degrees with 40% humidity.

My poor co-workers must be miserable. No buildings where I live private, commercial, residential, has air conditioning, because it doesn't get this hot usually.

Normally we are in the upper 60's, which is where we will be starting tomorrow.

The Sky looks different when you have someone you love up there.
Respected Contributor

I HATE the heat!  Feel so sorry for you.  That area never gets this hot.  It's crazy.

Honored Contributor

Wow, SF at 100 degrees.  That is almost unheard of.  What crazy weather.

Esteemed Contributor

I will say this, as one who is not use to high heat AND high humidity, all I can say is, I don't know how y'all stand it.

I would be absolutely miserable.

No, 40% relative humidity isn't high, but dam, if I feel like I'm suffocating, at that "low" humidity with the heat, I know that I would be dead where the humidity gets really high!

Oh, when I was at the river today, I saw a raven get a drink of water from the river, and bathe in the water.

It was fun watching the bird splash water on itself!

Honored Contributor

Why would you go out in 100 degree heat???  There's no way in this world that I would gone to the beach in that type of heat.  I'd have been in my home with the air conditioner on, the blinds drawn to keep the hot sun out and a bowl of watermelon.  

Respected Contributor

We finally got a break from the heat and humidity. Past two mornings was around 53. And the day high was about 77 with no humidity. But this weekend it will be back hot and humid.

Honored Contributor
Cool rain here today.
Esteemed Contributor

@chrystaltree wrote:

Why would you go out in 100 degree heat???  There's no way in this world that I would gone to the beach in that type of heat.  I'd have been in my home with the air conditioner on, the blinds drawn to keep the hot sun out and a bowl of watermelon.  

Because after a long cool/cold winter, where we got measurable amounts of SNOW, and we almost never get snow, I wanted to feel the sun on my skin and to warm my bones, and to play in the water.

Honored Contributor

@Anonymous032819 wrote:

@chrystaltree wrote:

Because after a long cool/cold winter, where we got measurable amounts of SNOW, and we almost never get snow, I wanted to feel the sun on my skin and to warm my bones, and to play in the water.

Please don't tell me San Franscico got snow!  DH just informed me we may be spending the next winter in SF area and I don't do snow!

Esteemed Contributor

@Lucky Charm wrote:

@Anonymous032819 wrote:

@chrystaltree wrote:

Please don't tell me San Franscico got snow!  DH just informed me we may be spending the next winter in SF area and I don't do snow!

I don't live in S. F. , but I don't think they got snow this past winter.  S.F. rarely gets snow in the city proper.