Esteemed Contributor

Re: It's Going To Be A Long Day.

[ Edited ]

@roxxy1 wrote:

thFUVSG1HK.jpg

@roxxy1 

My coffee pot goes on automatically at 4:30am. And let me tell you where my coffee was this morning! Everywhere but in the carafe. I didn't sit it on there right. Down the counter, down the cabinet doors, in the drawer where all my silverware is, into the bottom doors where my pots & pans sit on pull out shelves, puddled on the tile floor. I can't begin to tell you the mess. It looked like 6 gallons poured all over instead of 6 cups. I'm still waiting for the silverware drawer and the other two pull out drawers below to dry out so I can put all the stuff that I had to wash the coffee out of and off of back in. And here's the real bummer.....the is the SECOND TIME in two weeks. Never ever before but TWO TIMES in just 2 weeks I didn't sit that stupid thing on there right.

Esteemed Contributor

@fthunt  Vet's open.  I think just Federal/State places are closed.

@shaggygirl  I've done that.  I agree the volume of liquid multiples by 100.  Decades ago I worked at a restaurant, coffee machines were in the kitchen. One crazy night I forgot to put the carafe on the stand. I thought the boss, also the chef, was going to kill me.  Oops.  I only did it once there.

Esteemed Contributor

Sometimes I just have to take a nap, when I am running on little sleep like you are. Usually, just a 20 or 30 minute catnap will help me get thru the rest of the day.

Listening to upbeat music and staying busy helps me stay awake.

Esteemed Contributor

I do take an OTC sleeping pill if I'm having trouble sleeping.  I sometimes take a medicated gummy 1/2 he prior to bedtime.  Warm milk has sometimes worked for me.  If all else fails I try not to stress about not sleeping (just try imagining a cloud is slowly passing over your body and consciously relaxing as cloud covers you.  I also try to remember that just relaxing is almost as restful as sleep.  I try not to take naps.

Trusted Contributor

@shaggygirl wrote:

@roxxy1 wrote:

thFUVSG1HK.jpg

@roxxy1 

My coffee pot goes on automatically at 4:30am. And let me tell you where my coffee was this morning! Everywhere but in the carafe. I didn't sit it on there right. Down the counter, down the cabinet doors, in the drawer where all my silverware is, into the bottom doors where my pots & pans sit on pull out shelves, puddled on the tile floor. I can't begin to tell you the mess. It looked like 6 gallons poured all over instead of 6 cups. I'm still waiting for the silverware drawer and the other two pull out drawers below to dry out so I can put all the stuff that I had to wash the coffee out of and off of back in. And here's the real bummer.....the is the SECOND TIME in two weeks. Never ever before but TWO TIMES in just 2 weeks I didn't sit that stupid thing on there right.

@shaggygirl  So sorry. What a mess !

Esteemed Contributor

@roxxy1 

Thank You for the sympathy! :-)

I just finally finished getting it all cleaned and put away. The hair dryer came in handy. 

Honored Contributor

@fthunt wrote:

Take a nap after the errands............does laundry really have to be done today?...........do you really have to make a big dish for dinner?  Have soup and sandwich.

You're bringing this full day of  plans on yourself - and is the Vet open today?  (holiday)

I agree with @fthunt. Do the bare minimum. Big coffee and then vet run. Do chores tomorrow. Order a pizza. Take a good long nap or do something restful for 90 minutes.

When sleep deprived, we do everyday tasks poorly. So don't waste effort on anything that might need to be redone anyway.

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Honored Contributor

@CrazyKittyLvr2   After my mom died I got into a bad sleep pattern...it lasted several months.  Now when I am not asleep by 11:30 - midnight I get up and take 1 sleep aid tablet (I use the walmart brand/blue pill/ directions call for two but 1 usually does the trick.). I dont' take any later than midnight for fear I will be groggy.  I am usually asleep in 30 minutes or less.

Esteemed Contributor

You know how when a day starts bad it goes downhill from there?  Well, got myself dressed, got cat carrier out, kitten saw it and disappeared.  Found said unhappy kitten, got her carrier and put it on my walker.

Out the door, down the ramp, got carrier, purse and walker in the car. Stated car, put in reverse.  Power steering light came on and car didn't steer right.  Parked, got carrier, purse and walker out and back into the house we went.  Freed kitten, watched kitten do happy dance. Kitten hides under couch after dance.

Just got car back after animal chewed wires to neutral safety switch.

I determined 10:15 am was too early to see if there was a stray bottle of wine leftover from past gatherings.  Banged head on wall instead.

Honored Contributor

@CrazyKittyLvr2  I feel for you as I am going through the same thing. I'm not a good sleeper either, I find it hard to turn off my brain at bed time, I also wake up during the night several times. My 91 year old mother recently had a fall, she is in rehab. I go to bed 11:00 and get up at 4:00 am so I can get ready and get to the rehab facility at 6:00 am. I spend about 3-4 hours with my mother ( she would like me to stay all day). I am dog tired, but this is my life for now. I drink a lot of caffeine to try and stay awake.