Esteemed Contributor

Or, at least, that's what it looks like.

I know that these pictures don't do the situation justice, but I took these pictures at "sunrise" .

The sky is an orange color, and it's just so creepy to see the sky look like this.

IMG_20200909_071430.jpg

IMG_20200909_071558.jpg

One is from my front door, the other is from my back deck.

The Sky looks different when you have someone you love up there.
Respected Contributor

It’s eerie, isn’t it? Yesterday morning our sun looked like a red full moon coming up, caused by wildfire smoke in other states.

Esteemed Contributor

Wow, you are really getting it.  Hope the wind shifts.

Honored Contributor

Smoke from the California fires was so bad here in the Albuquerque area Monday, we could even see our 10,309ft mountain.  There was a health advisory issued for those with respiratory problems.

We had 70+mph winds from the Artic cold front yesterday that temporarily cleared it out.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

We have family friends that arrived the other day from Vacaville, CA.   They're staying with my brother and sister in law for a few weeks here in RI.   They just couldn't take the smoke smell any longer and needed to get away from it.  Luckily they are retired but I am sad for them.  They had some heartwrenching pictures of burned down homes in some areas not far from them.  Even with the house closed up they said the smoke seeps in Smiley Sad

Respected Contributor

@Anonymous032819  We are the same as you plus fires still going here ash everywhere and half of our town no water but luckily our water o.k.  Thankful for all our firemen, police, workers all still here battling.  Over 900 homes gone.

Now having rolling blackouts so praying we do not lose our electricity today.  Red flag warning here told to stay indoors again.

But.... I have picked up my knitting again- and enjoying making something positive and the Tour de France on t.v. - as long as electric lasts - so things are looking up!

Gonna have a cuppa tea now that cures all.  Lol

Honored Contributor

Fires are affecting the sun sets and rises and my allergies here in Oklahoma. 

Esteemed Contributor

It's after 9 o'clock in the morning, and street lights are still on.

It's like my brain is not accepting what my eyes are seeing.

It's like all my brain can say is, "THIS IS NOT NORMAL!!! "

I have never seen the sky like this before.

And, there isn't even a puff of wind.

Respected Contributor

This is the strangest sky I have ever seen and I'm old. Just what we need....more weirdness!

Esteemed Contributor

Here's some better pictures of the thick smoke that is enveloping where I live.

it's from Lost Coast Outpost.

https://lostcoastoutpost.com/2020/sep/9/photos-humboldt-rises-feeble-dawn-smoke-chokes-coa/