Respected Contributor

Re: It's Christmas in July-is anyone else afraid Christmas will be tight due to less pay?

@noodleann 

Amen!!

@noodleann wrote:

If there ever was a Christmas that cried out for a rethink of excess and pointless gifting, it's Christmas 2020.

Celebrate, connect, and cherish your friends and family, and you'll feel

Amen!!

“I heard the sound I had to follow”
In Your Wildest Dreams by Justin Hayward
Honored Contributor

Re: It's Christmas in July-is anyone else afraid Christmas will be tight due to less pay?

I will watch some of it but wont order.  I have plenty of holiday things and wouldnt buy gifts just now.

Faith is the strength by which a shattered world shall emerge into the light. —Helen Keller
Frequent Contributor

@noodleann  I wish I could give you more than one Heart for your post.  Well said.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I LOVE Christmas, and enjoy Christmas In July, especially this year, its nice to take a break and see something happy & joyful.....I puchase one or two new pieces, and donate others...🎅 🦌 🎄 🌟

To me....Christmas is too commercialized and Im not talking decorations, its outrageous how some people will go into a great deal of debt when it comes to purchasing gifts---(we make a donation to a favorite charity in each person's name)

Maybe this will have some re-look and re-think their gift giving and what the true meaning of Christmas and the holidays mean.....What will be sad is if we cant get together for Christmas!

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

With shipping issues in so many cases (not just QVC), my current thinking is that I'll only do money or gift cards this year.

Trusted Contributor

Fearing that there might be a financial crunch, I have already purchased all of the gifts I need to give.  My niece will get money, but that is the only one I haven't arranged.  

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@chiclet wrote:

Christmas in July makes me crazy.  Christmas is about an important birthday in December not July.  There have been years in my life where buying gifts at Christmas was not an option.  No big deal...life went on.  Not having money to pay bills and eat is an awful situation at any time of the year and it is a shame that you feel the stress worse at a time you should feel some joy. 

@chiclet 

I will say this in defense of Christmas In July----

For those on a limited budget it helps to spread out the expense if a gift is purchased throughout July so the gifts are all paid for and it eliminates that December debt!  I have a friend that purchases a small inexpensive gift for her each of her grandchildren (there are 6 of them) and CIJ has been a blessing to her..... 

Also, with USPS, UPS, Amazon, overwhelmed with holdiay orders and all the complaints about gifts not arriving in time for Christmas it also is a good idea to SHOP EARLY!!!

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Respected Contributor

Of course Christmas will be very different in 2020 due to the virus. How many people are  unemployed? How many have the virus and how many have died?

Respected Contributor

Not at all. I wonder why so many people fall into the commercialized version of Christmas. 

Occasional Contributor

Can't believe hyping Xmas at this point, so much going on it seems laughable to try to sell unnecessary stuff when no one knows what will happen months from now. We do know one thing, people are hurting financially & that's not going away soon.  Turned on, they were selling popcorn in Xmas packaging????  What?????  Never watched Xmas in July, but isn't it just June? & will not watch this crass insanity.