Frequent Contributor

Re: It's Christmas in July-is anyone else afraid Christmas will be tight due to less pay?

Christmas for me had been and always will be about sharing time together as a family. My children lives in different states, CA, TX, and FL with me residing in UT.  I truly think this will be the first Christmas where we will not be together as a family. 

Respected Contributor

Re: It's Christmas in July-is anyone else afraid Christmas will be tight due to less pay?

The company I worked for went of out business due to the endless extended closures in my State so gift giving will be less this year. I enjoy gifting & celebrating the reason for the season...yes, I do both. Since I buy bargains all year I already have gifts purchased so that's going to be a big help putting together gift bags. Be well @LisaMofSLC.

Trusted Contributor

I've lost interest in collecting anything else for Christmas.  We have a lot, maybe too much already.

Does anyone know if this CIJ is for the entire month of July?

Most likely the rest of the year will be very modified, older people still sheltering in place.

Re: gifts--most likely there will be simple gifts I've been stashing away and will mail as well as gift certificates.

For the grandchildren, probably clothes.  Last year I even found some really cute children's Christmas pajamas by searching here at the Q.

Honored Contributor

I think people will be more concerned about staying alive than Christmas  celebrations...