Occasional Contributor

Re: It's Been 20 years since Susan Smith

He was interviewd on TV recently. He is married with children and very happy.

He still goes to the prison and visits her regulary on a routine basis. They discuss what happened.

He feels bad that he didn't more deeply understand the signs of post-partum depression and depression that ensues.

He forgives her without malice.

WOW, what a wonderful man.Heart

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@NoelSeven wrote:

There was a snippet of her responding when it was first reported, and the first thing I thought was that she did it.  There was no grief, just a few crocodile tears.  It was all there in her eyes... nothing.

@NoelSeven wrote:

There was a snippet of her responding when it was first reported, and the first thing I thought was that she did it.  There was no grief, just a few crocodile tears.  It was all there in her eyes... nothing.

We didn't really see her eyes, as when she was pretending to cry for tv, she kept her eyes down, one sign of guilt.

Honored Contributor

@redhead23 wrote:

He still goes to the prison and visits her regulary on a routine basis. They discuss what happened.

He feels bad that he didn't more deeply understand the signs of post-partum depression and depression that ensues.

@redhead23 wrote:

She was pretty happy having the affair, and deciding her children were in the way, so  I am not buying the post partum depression theory here.

Occasional Contributor

@mousiegirl wrote:

@NoelSeven wrote:

@NoelSeven wrote:

We didn't really see her eyes, as when she was pretending to cry for tv, she kept her eyes down, one sign of guilt.

Oh my goodness, that must have been something to watch. I hate I didn't see it.Well, he still forgives her as he said he read about severe depression and it wasn't all her fault. Don't know if I could be that generous, but he must be a very amazing, amazing person. After all of these years and being remarried, he still sees her to see how she is getting along. His wife now must be amazing also. Bless them for all that he endured. I still want to cry about it myself. So sad, cute children. I remember it vividly, do you ?

Did she EVER confess that she is so guilty, can't remember that part ?

Heart

Thanks ya'll. 

Respected Contributor

she is one woman who should NEVER see the light of day....................raven

We're not in Kansas anymore ToTo
Esteemed Contributor

I know she killed off her two children but I thought it was because she was wanting to attract another man into her life and the children were in the way.  Very shallow reason to murder the little ones.  I hope she stays in prison for the rest of her days. 

Never Forget the Native American Indian Holocaust
Trusted Contributor

@redhead23 wrote:

@mousiegirl wrote:

@NoelSeven wrote:

@NoelSeven wrote:

Oh my goodness, that must have been something to watch. I hate I didn't see it.Well, he still forgives her as he said he read about severe depression and it wasn't all her fault. Don't know if I could be that generous, but he must be a very amazing, amazing person. After all of these years and being remarried, he still sees her to see how she is getting along. His wife now must be amazing also. Bless them for all that he endured. I still want to cry about it myself. So sad, cute children. I remember it vividly, do you ?

Did she EVER confess that she is so guilty, can't remember that part ?

Heart

Thanks ya'll. 

He really must be amazing 😒.  I can't believe he has anything to do with her.  I remember when it happened.  I thought she had confessed.

Honored Contributor

I certainly have never heard David Smith say he visits Susan in jail. He said he has not talked to her at all since she confessed. You may be thinking about Rusty Yates who has stood by his mentally ill wife that drowned their 5 children. 

Esteemed Contributor

@redhead23 wrote:

I think you are confusing David Smith to that idiot Randy Yates who visits his wife, Andrea, who drowned their 7 children.

David Smith has said that he NEVER has visited Susan and he cannot even stand to read about her in the paper because its brings everything right back.

Honored Contributor

@colliegirls wrote:

@redhead23 wrote:

I think you are confusing David Smith to that idiot Randy Yates who visits his wife, Andrea, who drowned their 7 children.

David Smith has said that he NEVER has visited Susan and he cannot even stand to read about her in the paper because its brings everything right 

You are correct except Rusty and Andrea had 5 children. I posted right before you did.