Respected Contributor

It's Been 20 years since Susan Smith

It's been  20 years since Susan Smith did that.  I feel so sorry for the boys' father.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: It's Been 20 years since Susan Smith

I will never forget the day they announced that she was responsible for the boys deaths. The father always was so eloquent when speaking about the never ending pain of losing his sons.  My heart still breaks for him, he was so innocent in that tragedy.

Esteemed Contributor

I read an article about her this morning.  There was a photo from her 2011 mug shot.  I would not have recognized her! Looks like she's still saying it was not planned.  I wish the newspaper would've revealed more info about the follow up letter they sent her.  Interesting how they are screening her mail to cause delays in response.  

http://www.thestate.com/news/local/article28050157.html

Such a sad story!

Valued Contributor

Man I remember this case.  She had the police looking for a person by her description given to them, when it was her all along.  I had started my job in February of 1995 and I still work at the same place.  20 years later.  So sad that those two young lives were taken needlessly.

Trusted Contributor

Can't believe it has been 20 years. I'm sure the father has had a hard time through the years. 

Esteemed Contributor

OMG. I was thinking about this case the other day.

I recall her initial interview before the tv cameras pleading, but not a tear in her eye. That said it all for me.

I pray those darling adorable babies are in His care.

Super Contributor

I have also recently thought about this tragedy; but can't believe that it's already been 20 years!  How terribly sad!  Those poor little boys!

Respected Contributor

@Snowpuppy wrote:

OMG. I was thinking about this case the other day.

I recall her initial interview before the tv cameras pleading, but not a tear in her eye. That said it all for me.

I pray those darling adorable babies are in His care.

I distinctly remember that, too.  I turned to my DH and said, "She did it."

I don't think you have a thing to worry about with the children.  It is my belief they went straight into Jesus' waiting arms. 

Strive for respect instead of attention. It lasts longer.
Honored Contributor

There was a snippet of her responding when it was first reported, and the first thing I thought was that she did it.  There was no grief, just a few crocodile tears.  It was all there in her eyes... nothing.

A Thrill Of Hope The Weary World Rejoices
Occasional Contributor

He was interviewed on TV very recently. He is happily maried with children and doing well.

He still goes to the prison and visits her regularly. They discuss what happened. He forgives her.

WOW, what a great man !