Respected Contributor

Re: It's Almost Time....

[ Edited ]
@katchina624...we have taken that trip many times. My SIL lives in Alberquerque, one of our kids lives in Rio Rancho and we have other relatives in Farmington. It is a gorgeous state. We have a lot of rugs and pottery that we have gotten in our many trips there. We both love Indian art including some lovely pictures of native children that we have collected. I am fond of Acoma pottery as I love the black and white and intricacy of their style. We planned a visit to Sante Fe during Indian Market one year. It was Heaven. My mother collected Navajo katchinas which I have now inherited and I love them all. Your post made me long for another trip in your area soon!
Honored Contributor

@cody2.   I'm glad you've enjoyed our state.  I love it here. After having lived in many places, have found my "niche".  I live in Rio Rancho.  Of all the Indian crafts, I love kachinas the most, but I'm a snob and must have museum quality.  Since they're several thousand dollars each, I don't have any and console myself with a ton of Indiam jewelry.  I inherited paintings, pottery, rugs and jewelry from my mom too.  She was a native of Colorado and had a lifetime love of all things Indian.

Come back soon!

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@cody2.   I'm glad you've enjoyed our state.  I love it here. After having lived in many places, have found my "niche".  I live in Rio Rancho.  Of all the Indian crafts, I love kachinas the most, but I'm a snob and must have museum quality.  Since they're several thousand dollars each, I don't have any and console myself with a ton of Indiam jewelry.  I inherited paintings, pottery, rugs and jewelry from my mom too.  She was a native of Colorado and had a lifetime love of all things Indian.

Come back soon!

And as I have told you before...my heart dog was a copper tri-color Aussie. My first Aussie was a red merle. I adored both of them and of course, they were crazy about me, and only me. Smiley Happy) My brother had his blue sister. I keep seeing those mini-aussies and I would love one. We have sized down in our home so a working dog would not be happy here. Smiley Sad
Honored Contributor

Re: It's Almost Time....

[ Edited ]

@cody2.  Did you know that the AKC has now taken mini Aussies into the fold?  Officially they're Miniature American Shepherds.  I love those little dogs to death but couldn't give them the active life they need.  There is a breeder near me who often has red Merles with blue eyes available.  I'll post their URL so you can drool too.

i have a red tri.  She was a rescue that I got over 11 years ago and she was supposed to be 5 or 6 years old when I got her (obviously not) but she just keeps chugging along.  My blue mini died 2 years ago of a ruptured gallbladder.  Broke my heart.

http://placitasminis.com/

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor
@katchina624. Oh MY Goodness. I want a pair. Thank for sharing that site. When I had my red merle over twenty five years ago they weren't even AKC yet. I love those babies. Our Copper tri color had the light amber colored eyes. He lived until 15. As a matter of fact, his name is the name I use online...cody. My guy! Our red merle had one blue eye. His sister, my brother's girl had two light blue eyes. Sigh. I miss them. I still dream of my cody and when I wake up and it is only a dream? I smile at the chance to be with him again even if it is only a dream. I love border collies too. So smart and beautiful.