Esteemed Contributor

Last week our local news aired a segment that 4 people drowned in the last month in the Delaware River at Delaware Water Gap.  A State Trooper or Park Ranger urged everyone to wear vests when in a boat, or in and around water and general rules for water safey.

Well. tonite in the segment where viewers call in, a youngish man commented, "masks, now vests in boats, it's free country man."

Yep, it is.  However, should your free azz end up in the drink, you going to want someone to risk their life to save yours. If you drown because you didn't want to put a vest  on your "free" body, divers will risk themselves to bring your body to your family.

My sympathy level and tolerence for people is about at zero.  My feeling is, you fall in, good luck, you are free..  Go with God.

And yes, people do risky ****** all the time, but others have to risk their lives because of them. No sense of self-preservation.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: It's A Free Country Man.

Your larger font is welcomed.  Thank U

Esteemed Contributor

@fthunt  lol.  I have old eyes and tiny print drives me crazy.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@CrazyKittyLvr2 wrote:

Last week our local news aired a segment that 4 people drowned in the last month in the Delaware River at Delaware Water Gap.  A State Trooper or Park Ranger urged everyone to wear vests when in a boat, or in and around water and general rules for water safey.

Well. tonite in the segment where viewers call in, a youngish man commented, "masks, now vests in boats, it's free country man."

Yep, it is.  However, should your free azz end up in the drink, you going to want someone to risk their life to save yours. If you drown because you didn't want to put a vest  on your "free" body, divers will risk themselves to bring your body to your family.

My sympathy level and tolerence for people is about at zero.  My feeling is, you fall in, good luck, you are free..  Go with God

And yes, people do risky ****** all the time, but others have to risk their lives because of them. No sense of self-preservation.

I love it! And I agree!👏🏼👏🏼👏🏻

"Kindness is like snow ~It beautifies everything it covers"
-Kahlil Gibran
Trusted Contributor

@CrazyKittyLvr2  I totally agree with you. The same goes for the idiots who won't wear masks. As I've said before, if you don't like a mask, you're going to hate a ventilator. Or maybe people who are so up in arms about mask wearing can sign a waiver saying they go to the bottom of the list for a ventilator. The people who are doing what they should get first dibs. JMHO

Honored Contributor

@CrazyKittyLvr2     Amen, Sista!

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

So true.  I would like to see these people shut their yaps.

Respected Contributor

While I don't disagree with you about people being belligerant saying things like "it's a free country! I don't have to wear a mask/helmet/life jacket". Probably the people that are saying that are the first ones that will need help.

I don't like being told how to live my life "for my own good", because the government knows better than me.

But, I also have fairly good common sense & have done a decent job of taking care of myself & my family.

On the other hand, I truly don't agree with "shut your yaps", "idiots", "zero sympathy & tolerance"...what is happening?

Does everything have to be a batlle with someone being "right"? 

What our country needs right now IS a bit of sympathy & tolerance. 

We don't all have to agree on things, & we can explain why we disagree, but I wish we wouldn't jump so quickly to judge & chastize.

Honored Contributor

Actions have consequences and I agree with the OP.  Someone else will always risk his own life to save another from his chosen poor decision.  That's supreme arrogance, IMO.

As for those who refuse to follow the simple guidelines we've been given to get beyond this pandemic, my opinion remains the same:  you should waive your rights to any medical treatment. The hospitals and staff should be for those poor souls who've contracted COVID through no fault of their own.

But, of course, that won't happen. Someone will feel compelled to save them from their own recklessness, even at the risk to his/her own health. 

Respected Contributor

@Venezia Don't you hate that?  I am getting short on patience on society cleaning up after these goofballs.  They should just go wherever they were until a few years ago.