Frequent Contributor

Re: It's 9 pm and the ice cream truck is circling the neighborhood

Have you ever read :Mr. Mercedes" by Stephen King?  When I hear an ice cream truck, I remember that book.

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624

This is the song that the ice cream truck in our neighborhood played that drove me BONKERS!!! 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LKxFn97ZhN4

And his friend lived down the block and his friend would come out and they would stand outside the truck for awhile and talk with that song going---ARRRGGGHHH!!!

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Trusted Contributor

Reminds me of the Eddie Murphy stand up bit  about running to the street after the ice cream truck: "Ma! Throw me some money! The ice cream truck is coming!!!!"  😄😄😄

Honored Contributor

I am usually putting my empty ice cream bowl away at 9:00 at night but I could be persuaded to get more.

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

The ice cream truck hasnt been around our neigborhood this year....In the past it came around 7 or 8 PM.....it sold other items in addition to ice cream............

I do think 9PM is a little late....even telemarketers stop at 9PM, and that song tends to get on people's nerves............

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

The ice cream truck usually goes through our neighborhood at 3 - 4. Just in time for kids to eat ice cream before dinner.

School starts this week in our area. Maybe he was trying to squeeze out the last bit of summer.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I would be mad if it was after 10pm.  But maybe he has a route and was held up.  We used to wait for the ice cream man.  Omg, my grandkids would be on edge half the day waiting!!  We haven't seen a truck in a long time, but we have the bicycle ice cream man.

By the way, an ice cream bar sure has gone up.  It was nearly 3 bucks for a sour ice.  It is one of those cups of ice that is sour.  My ice cream bar a rich vanilla ice cream bar smothered on chocolate and chopped peanuts is 3 bucks as well.  It goes up about 50 cents a year, the last 3 years

Honored Contributor

@Spurt wrote:

@Kachina624

This is the song that the ice cream truck in our neighborhood played that drove me BONKERS!!! 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LKxFn97ZhN4

And his friend lived down the block and his friend would come out and they would stand outside the truck for awhile and talk with that song going---ARRRGGGHHH!!!

@Spurt.  OMG, that's awful.  Worse than Lazy Mary.  I would have called the police.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

Yes the teuck we had played that song.  Also, pop goes the weasel

over, and over....and over, and over.........