Super Contributor

OMG, I can't even imagine that kind of heat!!  Way too hot for me!  Stay safe!

Honored Contributor

@nomoaa wrote:

Aren't you amazed at how many tourists come here to hike the mountains - in this heat?

No, not surprised at all......worked in a resort here for many years.    People have no common sense........we would lock the pools during lightning storms, and people would jump the fences.........   They want "their moneys worth"..........even though summer rates are rock bottom.

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Honored Contributor

@meowing kitty wrote:

The high in Phoenix, AZ was 117 today. Previous high was 112. And QVC is pushing Christmas. Can't wait to get out the sweaters, boots and Santas.

I would not survive to talk about it, lol, waaay too hot for me.

Honored Contributor

Our tourists in Albuquerque like to set off on hikes up to the Crest of the Sandia Mountains (10,679 ft), which are right on the edge of the city, especially in spring, fall and winter.  It's a steep, narrow, rocky trail rated for experts.  They have little water and are usually dressed in shorts and tees...no jacket.  They get hurt, get lost, get scared, get hypothermia, whatever, somebody has to rescue them.  It's a whole different climate on that mountain.  Somebody gets killed every year.  This year a teenager slipped and fell several hundred feet.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

I am in AZ too 105 here today and really unusually humid.  Went to my aerobics class at 8 a.m. And even that early it was unbearable.  No rain today where are our monsoons.

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

Our tourists in Albuquerque like to set off on hikes up to the Crest of the Sandia Mountains (10,679 ft), which are right on the edge of the city, especially in spring, fall and winter.  It's a steep, narrow, rocky trail rated for experts.  They have little water and are usually dressed in shorts and tees...no jacket.  They get hurt, get lost, get scared, get hypothermia, whatever, somebody has to rescue them.  It's a whole different climate on that mountain.  Somebody gets killed every year.  This year a teenager slipped and fell several hundred feet.

PHX Fire Dept charging $ for rescuing people doing "unintelligent" things

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Respected Contributor

@dulwich wrote:

I am in AZ too 105 here today and really unusually humid.  Went to my aerobics class at 8 a.m. And even that early it was unbearable.  No rain today where are our monsoons.

Over here!  It's been raining off and on for 2 days.  

Honored Contributor

@Desertdi wrote:

@Kachina624 wrote:

PHX Fire Dept charging $ for rescuing people doing "unintelligent" things.

@Desertdi   I think they should charge them for rescue.  There are plenty of warning signs at the trailhead.  People have to risk their lives to save the fools.  Helicopters don't fly cheap either.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

In MN today it's 92 with a heat index of 101. But here, we say it's not the heat, it's the humidity. Today it's 86%, sauna like!

"Cats are poetry in motion. Dogs are gibberish in neutral." -Garfield
Respected Contributor

Hmmm, I'm still waiting for the dust storm.   Very odd but glad that it didn't happen.