Honored Contributor

The news just announced it ... yuck. I hate heat. The good news is, in 2 days we will be through the first week in July, and just 3 more to go

Roll on Sept

Respected Contributor

Re: It's 101 here ,right now

@cherry wrote:

The news just announced it ... yuck. I hate heat. The good news is, in 2 days we will be through the first week in July, and just 3 more to go

Roll on Sept

I can’t wait until September. Sometimes it still gets hot then but at least it will be Sept. 

Honored Contributor

Yes, the whole country is hot.  It's even 90 in Alaska.  Stay inside in the air conditioning or with the fans on.  Pull the shades to keep the sun out.  Where light clothes, drink cold drinks.  

Esteemed Contributor

Hot and humid in Maryland.  I'm so tired of feeling/being sweaty....and my hair has taken on a life of it's own.  

Yikes.

Even when it is clean it feels dirty.

Sitting here sweating now....was out changing water in my birdbaths and it felt like it had been heated.....well, it HAD!

Honored Contributor

I was only outside early this Am . I went from the car to the gym, and then from the car to our walk at the hospital..I won't go out again , until tomorrow  evening, for mass

Esteemed Contributor

@cherry 

That's what I hate!

I normally love being outside just putzing around.  Not when it is this hot and sticky.

I've been taking care of my sister-in-laws Lab, doing mid-day walks around their farm.  I drive 20 minutes to get there so he can do his business.

Poor guy looks at me as if to say "Do I have to go out?"

It's miserable for humans and animals alike!

Occasional Contributor

Pray we don't get any power outages with any of the summertime pop-up thunderstorms!

Honored Contributor

I am in the PNW and it is 67 degrees at 3:30 PM. 

Honored Contributor

@Crazy for Kitties wrote:

Pray we don't get any power outages with any of the summertime pop-up thunderstorms!

We already had 2 this week which is rare for my part of Tx.

One idiot hit a electric pole

Then, the other day lightning hit a transformer not to far from us and it took just an hr to restore power.

I didn't know the difference at 4 in the morning. DH gets up with the chickens , so, he knew it was off. 

We got a back up generator with a turn key that would keep some stuff going.

Esteemed Contributor

@DiAnne wrote:

I am in the PNW and it is 67 degrees at 3:30 PM. 

Jealous here in the frying pan that is Chicago. But it's supposed to cool down to 80s tomorrow.

Trees are the lungs of the Earth