Honored Contributor

Re: It's 101 here ,right now

[ Edited ]

Our heat wave started on past Tuesday.  Since then, everyday in the mid to upper 90's. Heat index 101F average.  Daily storms in the afternoon or overnight.  The last day of this is forecast for Sunday.  Our 4th of July fireworks and parade was cancelled. They usually try for the day afterwards, but it stormed again.  As I type this, there is thunder rumbling so another storm for this evening.

On Tuesday the 1st day of this, it stormed for almost 2 hours straight overnight.  I slept throug the entire thing.  My husband told me what happend when I noticed the ground was wet the next day. It woke him & my son up.  But I was oblivious to the whole thing.

Super Contributor

@cherry wrote:

The news just announced it ... yuck. I hate heat. The good news is, in 2 days we will be through the first week in July, and just 3 more to go

Roll on Sept

Awww I miss sunshine. It's a broiling 62 today on the west coast.

I wanna wear shorts! 

I do remember being in hot CA summers tho.....it was a bit sweaty 

Esteemed Contributor

Hot and humid outside, 83 very humid degrees inside. Not a typo.

I am melting, along with my dog,  A/C quit last Saturday, when I had an overnight guest. Smiley Sad

Quick fix on Monday night, lasted less than 48 hours. Yesterday was the holiday. I spent today interviewing HVAC contractors. Waiting for one more bid tonight. Now it's the weekend again. No new HVAC until Monday or Tuesday and no relief in sight.

Honored Contributor

@cherry wrote:

The news just announced it ... yuck. I hate heat. The good news is, in 2 days we will be through the first week in July, and just 3 more to go

Roll on Sept

That is just miserable hot.🙁 is it normal for it to be so hot where you live? 

Honored Contributor

It is sometimes @SeaMaiden  plus high humidity. We are surrounded by 1/5 of the worlds fresh water ,and our state teams with lakes and rivers. No matter where you are ,you are never more than 1/2 hr from fresh water, a lake or river, or the Great Lakes

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

It's SUMMER. It gets hot and very humid in Michigan (and lots of other places). It's been like that ever since I was a kid. I refuse to wish my life away complaining about and hoping for different weather. Soon enough it will be winter and then there will be complaints about the cold! 

~The more someone needs to brag about how wonderful, special, successful, wealthy or important they are, the greater the likelihood that it isn't true. ~

Honored Contributor

Not from me. I have always hated hot weather, my entire life

Super Contributor

@FrostyBabe1 wrote:

It's SUMMER. It gets hot and very humid in Michigan (and lots of other places). It's been like that ever since I was a kid. I refuse to wish my life away complaining about and hoping for different weather. Soon enough it will be winter and then there will be complaints about the cold! 

Yes, humidity is bad news. I can take dry hot air but not humid air!

I can't breathe in heavy hot wet air....uggg

I feel for all those living in humidity all summer.

Honored Contributor

Our low tonight is supposed to be 80; 98-100’s for the next week....I hate it...the heat seems to bother me more now than in my younger years
Honored Contributor

A good time to remind pet owners not to leave their animals like dogs and cats outdoors in this heat. I hate seeing people walking their dogs and having them walk on hot sidewalks..have seen too many poor dogs with burned paws...if it is too hot for a person to walk on the sidewalk in bare feet...then it’s also too hot for your puppydog! Let them walk in the grass and make the walk shorter if you can.