Respected Contributor

To go shopping at Home Goods/Marshall’s and NOT buy something other than what you went there for! Today I went in for hangers and ended up with hangers, socks, a Michael Kors little black dress and a Nanette Lapore lace blouse, plus some other cheap no name blouse. And that was me putting a few things back! All that for $100.  Anyone else suffer this problem??? 

Honored Contributor

Re: It is simply not possible

I honestly do not; hate shopping, hate spending money, so I only buy what I need, regardless of the store.  

The only stores I’ve been in for months are my favorite local grocery store, CVS and Dollar General.   

Honored Contributor

Absolutely!

Went into Marshall's just to "look around".

Found a pair of crop pants from Gap for under $20.

Can't wait to go back!!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

To be honest, while I love to shop, I'm not a big fan of those two stores.

Home Goods- every time I looked at furniture (small pieces) for my dad's assisted living room, everything I looked at had damage.  Every single piece.

I did buy one small table/shelf thing a few months ago at Home Goods for us.  It also had some slight damage so they gave me 10% off.  The associate told me that all of their furniture has damage.  Kind of makes me not want to go there.  I know they have a great selection of lamps, but do those also have damage?

And the Marshalls near us is a mess.  I went in a few months ago for the first time in years, spent a few minutes walking around and left.  I don't plan to go back, at least not to that one.

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Honored Contributor

I've never shopped in either of the stores mentioned.  For the sake of my budget, it's probably best that i never do.

Esteemed Contributor

I feel the sMe about Kirkland’s also! 🤣🤣🤣

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Grouchomarx   You sound like me😂. I ran out to Ulta today to cash in a free coupon for a lash primer.I ended up buying nail polish, concealer & hairspray.That free gift cost me $50 !!

Then I ran into Payless.Since it’s closing I thought I would check it out.I ended up buying my son 2 pairs of sneakers & DH 2 pairs of sneakers & a pair of loafers!! That cost me $100!!

After that I ran into Bob’s Stores & spent another $37!!

So much for running out to collect on a freebie!!😂😂

Oh the real kicker is I knocked myself out so I just ordered a pizza for dinner!!

Valued Contributor

Guilty,TJMaxx and Ross is my weakness,that's why I only go in twice a month. There is always something that catches my eye.This month I have only when in once 😄 but the month has 16 more days.😆

Trusted Contributor

Guilty on all counts!  I have the same problem at Pier 1.  My sister in law and I went shopping at Macy’s in the Pittsburgh area yesterday and had a great time spending our coupons. We don’t get to big malls very often, so we made it worth our while.  No regrets.  ðŸ¤—

Respected Contributor

@Mombo1 wrote:

Guilty on all counts!  I have the same problem at Pier 1.  My sister in law and I went shopping at Macy’s in the Pittsburgh area yesterday and had a great time spending our coupons. We don’t get to big malls very often, so we made it worth our while.  No regrets.  ðŸ¤—

I can’t even enter a Pier One without getting in a lot of trouble. That may be the ultimate impulse buy store. So much beatufisl stuff!!!