Honored Contributor

@BeautyLver   Why do you assume I don't value my life?  No words..

well, I heard you loud and clear.

I just choose to not hide in my home if I am needed elsewhere.  If something was important enough, I would fly.  I would risk my life for others.

Do you actually think the millions of people working in warehouses packing and shipping your shoes, towels, clothing other unnecessary items are essential?  They are risking their health to send you stuff you can live without.

Not everyone who is working is essential to keep us alive.  They are only essential for us to keep up the lifestyle we are accustomed to.

They are doing so much more than those of us who are staying inside and protecting ourselves  and those who will survive us. Yes, it is important to stay in place if we don't need to go out, but everyone does not have that privilege.

My two oldest children and their spouses are out there working. My daughter has MS and she is still working everyday. My children have kids at home. I would trade places with them if I could.

I Just read where about 40 people locked themselves inside of a factory for 28 days making masks, gowns and other medical items here in PA.  They worked 12 hour shifts and slept there.  Now, that is a sacrifice!

Those of us that are staying inside are doing the right thing, but our sacrifice is not all

that great.  We are the fortunate ones.

I value my life, but I value other's lives as well.  If I need to go out and fly for something important, I will. I don't live my life in fear.  

When I was a teen, I saved a young girl from drowning. I  almost lost my life because she panicked and jumped on me wrapped her arms and legs around me pinning my arms down in deep water.  We both survived by the grace of God.  It was frightening, but would I do it again?  Yes, I would.  It was important.

Honored Contributor

I can't fly to see the other half of my family  in another state because

one-

my mother in a retirement home cannot have any visitors, including family!

And two-

even if I could, I would be afraid I'd possibly give her something or my little grandkids including a newborn up there.

Then I wouldn't want to give anything to the ones where I am now coming back but I just realized I could quarantine myself.

Its just we can pick it up anywhere,and apparently even staying home and just ordering things from what we've heard so yes I do think its a decision you take with risk.

Such a dilemma for so many I know.

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Super Contributor

@on the bay wrote:

I can't fly to see the other half of my family  in another state because

one-

my mother in a retirement home cannot have any visitors, including family!

And two-

even if I could, I would be afraid I'd possibly give her something or my little grandkids including a newborn up there.

Then I wouldn't want to give anything to the ones where I am now coming back but I just realized I could quarantine myself.

Its just we can pick it up anywhere,and apparently even staying home and just ordering things from what we've heard so yes I do think its a decision you take with risk.

Such a dilemma for so many I know.

I hear you!!  It is so heartbreaking not being with those we love.  It's not easy.  At all.  I hope you stay well, stay safe🙏

Honored Contributor

I think it's safe to fly with flights not being jam packed.  I have a flight for the end of this month that was just canceled.  I took a look around at the flights and was what's been happening.  I knew flights were scaled back but didn't realize it was in the 70% range. 

I can't reschedule until some time in June and there's no guarantee that won't get canceled.  You may not even be able to get a flight.  Look into that first to see if it's even possible.  Then you will know whether you need to weigh your options to go or not go.  It was a total eye opener for me.  

Honored Contributor

@Carmie wrote:

I would fly if I needed to...not for vacation, but for something important, yes.

The airline employees are still flying everyday.  If they can do it, so can I.

Tonight I listened to a radio call-in with NJ Governor Murphy.  One caller was a 59 year old flight attendant who works out of Newark.  She said that she and airline employees wear PPE but people in the terminal were not and she wondered why that was.  Gov. Murphy suspected it had something to do with federal jurisdiction at the airport rather than state, but said he'd look into it.

I wondered, but suppose that passengers on the plane itself are required to wear PPE.

Honored Contributor

A lot of hospitals do not have enough ppe or limited supply for the month so passengers will never have them unless some miracle happens!

I do wonder too about all the personnel in the airport itself.

They can't sterilize the air and everything.

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Honored Contributor

@BeautyLver -

and you too!Heart

Super Contributor

@on the bay wrote:

@BeautyLver -

and you too!Heart

❤️❤️

Valued Contributor

@germanshepherdlove wrote:

Many employees pilots, stewardesses, etc have been exhibing symptoms for a long, long time with little help from their HR as to time off with pay and for how long.  Just because they are wearing a mask means nothing and I think that industry is one of the scariest right now.  Even if I was the only person on the plane!. 

Are you in the airline industry? And where are you getting your info?

Honored Contributor

You can fly on a chartered biz-jet out of Scottsdale.....if you have lots of $$$$

♥Surface of the Sun♥