Esteemed Contributor

Re: It is not illegal but is immoral?

Listing all of those items online, boxing them up, getting them to the post office or picked up by UPS would be a pain in the you know what. Does she do all of that by herself? If doing all of that makes her happy, then good for her. I imagine the "hunting and buying" makes her happier than packaging up an item and getting it sent out to a buyer! Maybe she has some help to take care of the packing and sending!

Esteemed Contributor

@NYC Susan wrote:

@RainCityWoman wrote:

@NYC Susan wrote:

@RainCityWoman wrote:

@viva923 wrote:

I may be in the minority here but this is a free country we can purchase what we want, when we want and do whatever we want to do with it. She returns items to the correct store I assume the items that have not been worn or sold and sent back. Sell it, throw it away, give it away.  She can do whatever suits her desire.

It may not be the most ethical or best choice but she can do what she wants with any item she purchases.

Yep, it's a free country.My big question is does she pay income tax on the profit she has made on these items? Does she even report that as income? We do have laws in our country regarding that, but maybe they don't apply to rich people who cheat the system.

Why are you assuming she doesn''t pay income tax?  

And "rich people who cheat the system"?  Wow!  That's really offensive.  You don't know this woman at all.  And, in addition, you're slamming an entire group of people.

If you noticed I said my "big question is." The OP said the woman was wealthy. I said "maybe" the laws don't apply to rich people.  It's not as if we haven't seen examples of this in the news on a monthly basis. So sorry you are offended. However, you express YOUR opinion; I'll express mine. 

What you said was, "rich people who cheat the system".  That implies that rich people - specifically this woman - cheat the system. Your post wasn't about tax laws.  It was about maligning people who are wealthy.  

Yes, I will express my opinion, and you are certainly free to express yours. That's why we're here.  I found what you wrote offensive, and that's my opinion.

You CHOSE to interpret it that way.  If it makes you feel good to accuse me, then knock yourself out. Were any other people here offensive to you, or do I alone have that honor?

Esteemed Contributor

@RainCityWoman wrote:

@NYC Susan wrote:

@RainCityWoman wrote:

@NYC Susan wrote:

@RainCityWoman wrote:

@viva923 wrote:

I may be in the minority here but this is a free country we can purchase what we want, when we want and do whatever we want to do with it. She returns items to the correct store I assume the items that have not been worn or sold and sent back. Sell it, throw it away, give it away.  She can do whatever suits her desire.

It may not be the most ethical or best choice but she can do what she wants with any item she purchases.

Yep, it's a free country.My big question is does she pay income tax on the profit she has made on these items? Does she even report that as income? We do have laws in our country regarding that, but maybe they don't apply to rich people who cheat the system.

Why are you assuming she doesn''t pay income tax?  

And "rich people who cheat the system"?  Wow!  That's really offensive.  You don't know this woman at all.  And, in addition, you're slamming an entire group of people.

If you noticed I said my "big question is." The OP said the woman was wealthy. I said "maybe" the laws don't apply to rich people.  It's not as if we haven't seen examples of this in the news on a monthly basis. So sorry you are offended. However, you express YOUR opinion; I'll express mine. 

What you said was, "rich people who cheat the system".  That implies that rich people - specifically this woman - cheat the system. Your post wasn't about tax laws.  It was about maligning people who are wealthy.  

Yes, I will express my opinion, and you are certainly free to express yours. That's why we're here.  I found what you wrote offensive, and that's my opinion.

You CHOSE to interpret it that way.  If it makes you feel good to accuse me, then knock yourself out. Were any other people here offensive to you, or do I alone have that honor?

You clearly said, "rich people who cheat the system".  It's obvious that you have a negative view of people who are wealthy.  That came thru in several of your posts.  Generalizations are unfair.  That was my point.  And I'm done with this.