Honored Contributor

Re: It is not illegal but is immoral?

To me it is a little shady but is she can sleep at night well be it 

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I think she's going to lose money doing that. I don't think it's illegal or wrong, just kind of dumb.

These stores will start refusing her returns. What will she do when that happens?

ETA: Is she accounting for all the gas and wear and tear on her car this costs? That will eat away any profits. And she's her own shipping and customer service departments. If she doesn't meet the standards for Poshmark, they will ban her. And she has to maintain a near perfect reputation on Ebay or her offerings won't show up. Also storing loads of clothing takes up space and can cause lots of problems as well.

But at least she's not in an MLM! That's a good thing for sure. If she finds it isn't working out, she can just cut her losses and quit on her own terms.

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Honored Contributor

It sounds to me like it is more something to do ,than income..I am not sure about it being immoral..I think it sort of is the way things are run today..Ethics aren't always the best in any business, I am sorry to say

Honored Contributor

Well---sounds like a job to me and alot of work---am wondering what TJ Maxx or any other store will take returns back routinely with no banning her doing that---whatever----if she has thusands of $ of inventory I am wondering how much does she think she needs as her own money--sounds like she has plenty to me---people are just plain weird!!!!

Super Contributor

Good old American capitalism, as long as she's keeping good books, reporting her income, and paying income taxes.

Honored Contributor

She must get some sort of rush from buying all that stuff.  Why would it be immoral?  She can do what she wants with it.  If people buy it, that's their business.

Personally, I wouldn't waste my time doing all of that. 

Honored Contributor

She's doing the same thing these stores are doing: buying overstock low and selling high enough to make a profit. As long as the items being returned have never been worn and meet the requirement for return, I see nothing wrong with it.

I have a buddy who shops at Goodwill and then sells on ebay. She makes a very nice profit doing this. If the items don't sell, she donates them back to Goodwill. Like your friend, she doesn't need the money but wants to make her "own" money. 

Wealthy people are wealthy for a reason; they see opportunity and take it.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

hahhahha right

@bluetail fly 

Honored Contributor

@I am still oxox wrote:

To me it is a little shady but is she can sleep at night well be it 

@I am still oxox Don't you think a lot of thieves sleep better at night than we probably do?  Woman Frustrated

Honored Contributor

@bathina  I have never seen anyone pull up to our food pantry in Cadillacs, either. You can tell who is hungry..We never ask for anything but ID..we keep records ,and people are allowed to come one a month...It seems to me the poor have  not much chance to keep their dignity