Trusted Contributor

It is July and I AM CHRISTMASED OUT!!!

Please know that I do love Christmas .  And in the past I thought it was good to be able to get some items on early sale.  I am not watching this whole month of Christmas stuff as I find it is too much for me.  In my opinion QVC is over saturating us. Wasn't there 1 special day before?  Guess it  is saving me more money than usual, which is a good thing.  For those of you who have been watching and buying and enjoying, I am happy for you.  I must be having a bah-humbug period.

Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

Re: It is July and I AM CHRISTMASED OUT!!!

Kjae, I'm Christmased out as well! It's 80 degrees here--way too hot to start thinking about Christmas. And Christmas isn't as special when it's featured for 6 months.

Valued Contributor

I love Christmas, too, but only at Christmas time.
Esteemed Contributor

@Surfnturf wrote:
I love Christmas, too, but only at Christmas time.

Yes!...and it started in June this year! The August progam guide shows, 1 day that is 20 hrs of Christmas and another day that is the full 24. facepalm.gif

It's God's job to judge the terrorists. It's our mission to arrange the meeting. U.S. Marines
Valued Contributor

I can't believe the whole weekend is Christmas.  I'd like to enjoy the summer we all looked forward to after a bad winter! 

@kjae wrote:

Please know that I do love Christmas .  And in the past I thought it was good to be able to get some items on early sale.  I am not watching this whole month of Christmas stuff as I find it is too much for me.  In my opinion QVC is over saturating us. Wasn't there 1 special day before?  Guess it  is saving me more money than usual, which is a good thing.  For those of you who have been watching and buying and enjoying, I am happy for you.  I must be having a bah-humbug period.

Esteemed Contributor

I don't watch as it takes any interest in the whole holiday away.  I honestly don't need QVC to purchase any items they sell.  I can go on-line elsewhere or locally.  If they want my money, things there need to be more appealing. 

Never Forget the Native American Indian Holocaust
Regular Contributor

Seriously, they've gone stark commercialized Christmas crazy!

There was a fun novelty to it back several years ago, when there was ONE DAY of "Christmas in July". Now, what in the world has happened? The madness has started in June, and it hasn't, and won't, stop right through December. It's bizarre!

Esteemed Contributor

A GREAT reason to stop watching the Q. Folks: If u want to buy gifts for others - and for yourself - shop at Costco October thru December. Low prices, interesting products and u don't have to think about Christmas thru the year. I'm Jewish - and HATE what Christmas represents --- GREED!!!!!!

Valued Contributor

IMO; It takes the reference away from the holiday to over sell like this. This is the birth of Jesus, not just another way to over shop. And whatever happened to Thanksgiving? In my book it's on par with 4th of July as THE most American of holidays. Never mind Halloween? Not my favourite holiday, but I made it magical for my children when they were little ones.
I mentioned in another post I have neighbours that put up 30+ y/o decorations and a loudspeaker with holiday music on and loud for the entire neighbourhood! Unfortunately, we live directly across the street!
Please don't get me wrong...I love Christmas. I was raised, that the season begins with the first Sunday of Advent and, went straight through to Three Kings Day also called The Epiphany around January 5-7th. My Dad was Italian and that's the way it was done in our culture. I raised my children in the same tradition and they now do the same in their own homes. We also celebrate "Boxing Day" on December 26th, as my Mom was a sweet English Lady.
I agree...it's much too soon. Christmas in July on the 25th, that's just fine. But what's to happen, will Christmas be the only subject for the next 5 months. They've locked in today and the weekend already!
Oh my.....give me strength!
Valued Contributor

On another thread on this topic I saw recently a poster stated that they liked Christmas in July.  They didn't like the handbags and beauty products so much.  Then the poster stated that those products were junk.  I am not even that fond of Christmas in December.  I was when the children were little but my life is much different now now that they are grown and have moved out.  I don't have a Beaver Cleaver family and I am alone during the holiday season more often than not.  I am Christmased out also.