Honored Contributor

Re: It Was Like It Never Even Happened!!!

@stevieb wrote:

Disheartening to read about @Spurt. I do understand the need to begin measured re-engaging and re-opening, but had hoped against hope that people would act responsibly... I guess I should have known better, but I honestly can't say I understand it... I'm as frustrated by all this as anybody, maybe even more frustrated than some, but I am staying in as much as is possible and I have been now for months... Even when things begin to reopen in my area, I have few plans to venture out until I personally feel more comfortable doing so than I do right now... 

@stevieb 

I think I will carefully pick and choose any future outings....and will definitely forgo eating at restaurants for awhile too......

One can only hope the "novelty" of "being free" will wear off and people will start acting sensible....well as I said one can only HOPE Woman Frustrated

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

My neighbors planned a celebration for the son's college graduation. The family stood on their sidewalk while cars drove by honking and passengers shouting.

I thought that was very cool until I realized that several of the boy's friends were with the family on the sidewalk. No masks and no distancing at all. Maybe the young are immune? :-)

I was a little surprised about the parents, especially after going through the trouble of setting up what was supposed to a safe event.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Valued Contributor

I was concerned about the same thing when I went to the grocery store yesterday in my small southeastern WI town. Stay At Home order has not been lifted yet, just an ok to go to parks, The store was absolutly packed. Probably only a quarter of the people were wearing masks, little social distancing.  I was very disappointed. And I am worried. 

Valued Contributor

@conlt wrote:

I know we have to open for economic reasons but people have to respect the mask and social distancing rules. That is not happening. Like I said I am stocking up on what I can because I see this getting bad again. 

You do not need to "stock up." You never needed too. If the TP and cleaning supply hoarders had known that the rest of us would not have had a problem. The supply chain will continue. The only shortages have come from hoarders

Contributor

@suzyQ3 wrote:

My neighbors planned a celebration for the son's college graduation. The family stood on their sidewalk while cars drove by honking and passengers shouting.

I thought that was very cool until I realized that several of the boy's friends were with the family on the sidewalk. No masks and no distancing at all. Maybe the young are immune? :-)

I was a little surprised about the parents, especially after going through the trouble of setting up what was supposed to a safe event.

No mask and no distancing is a big problem if we want to get our economy back up and running.  Among family and close friends it wil probably be a difficult decision.

We celebrated my daughters 40th birthday with a drive by this past week. Not the Las Vegas trip they had planned but a fun way to celebrate a milestone in her life.

We are all adjusting and probably making mistakes along the way. We're all human after all. 

Honored Contributor

@germanshepherdlove wrote:

Our state did not make it mandatory to wear a mask and there are more than 50% of people that we see everywhere we go, that don't wear one.  I don't like it and we usually stay at home for that reason.  Our mail carrier refuses to wear a mask because it's too hot even with a cloth covering, she said.  How is that fair?  Some states make it a requirement and others do not and then when you see our top men and women not masked it confirms to those who choose not to wear one that they don't have to.  

@germanshepherdlove 

Re your Last sentence

I'm pretty sure that is the intent - send the message, I'm invincible.

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Honored Contributor

@peace6576 wrote:

@pitdakota wrote:

@conlt wrote:

I am an RN trained in infection control protocols, how to put on and take off PPE, hand washing, all medial workers have to pass hand washing in school and yearly at the job. This is what I think: I have been ordering groceries online at wal-mart for months and picking them up at the drive through. They put them in my car, I take them in my house, hand wash and sanitize the doors etc. Today wal-mart parking lot was full and there were lots of people going in. Wal-mart is enforcing the social distancing at the doors. Most people did not have masks. The virus is still with us and I think infections will more up again in the next few weeks. 

I am social isolating because it is coming again. People are not being careful out there. Right now, I am trying to stock up on items that were previously sold out. 

Fellow nurse here doing the same thing.  Just laying low and taking it easy.  We have not totally opened back up yet, but I won't be going out shopping or eating in restaurants when they do.  My daughter will have to go back to work, so I do worry about her.

And every single nurse I know here is saying the same thing.  In fact, they have felt disrespected by seeing some of the protests because they know it is them that will be having to risk their safety taking care of people.  In the meantime, our ICU admissions in our state are going up a tad.  So I understand their concern.

I'm a nurse as well, and I am following suit with you both and most of my co-workers are doing the same. We are staying in and avoiding crowds. No restaurants, movies, shopping for myself or my husband. ICU admissions have been on the rise steadily in our city and are expected to peak early June. We are far from out of the woods, but you won't convince some people of that so we nurses will just do what we are called to do...care for people regardless of how selfish, ignorant and deplorable they behave. 🤷🏻‍♀️

@peace6576 

@Halo17

@pitdakota 

My best friend an ER Doctor, has been working LONG shifts since the start.  Long time college friend is an Anesthesiologist doing same.  

Starting tomorrow they will both be on a 30 day sabbatical Per request of employers.  Resting up for the second wave.

Local EMTs, and medical staff all rotating off to rest up and restart.

SAD 

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Contributor

The economy will not even start to recover until this round of impatient, maskless super-spreaders go out, infect their communities, get Covid & recover or die.  We are at their mercy.  So, my family will not go out to shop/spend till they've moved through.  Many just don't "get it" and will cause more delay and thus more economic havoc.  Wont give my business to any store that refuses to protect their workers/customers.

Honored Contributor

@Whosits wrote

You do not need to "stock up." You never needed too. If the TP and cleaning supply hoarders had known that the rest of us would not have had a problem. The supply chain will continue. The only shortages have come from hoarders

@Whosits 

So the beef issue, and the chicken issue caused by hoarders too?

I don’t believe that, and it’s not the issue with TP. 

Valued Contributor

@Drythe wrote:

@germanshepherdlove wrote:

Our state did not make it mandatory to wear a mask and there are more than 50% of people that we see everywhere we go, that don't wear one.  I don't like it and we usually stay at home for that reason.  Our mail carrier refuses to wear a mask because it's too hot even with a cloth covering, she said.  How is that fair?  Some states make it a requirement and others do not and then when you see our top men and women not masked it confirms to those who choose not to wear one that they don't have to.  

@germanshepherdlove 

Re your Last sentence

I'm pretty sure that is the intent - send the message, I'm invincible.

@Drythe Yes, not only that but he probably thinks it looks weak.  I think it looks smart. My incentive is I don't like to get sick and the thought of a 10" plastic tube into my throat is additional incentive.