Honored Contributor

Re: It Was Like It Never Even Happened!!!

I love this quote from the beloved George Takei - 

"I didn't spend my childhood in barbed wire enclosed internment camps so I could listen to grown adults today cry oppression because they have to wear a mask at Costco."

Smiley Happy

Esteemed Contributor

I wonder how many innocent people were infected by those Wisconsin protestors?

I hope no health care professionals are infected caring for these people.

Their behavior was a disgrace to our country.  And they proudly disgraced themselves, many memorialized in photographs.

Honored Contributor

@PamfromCT wrote:

I wonder how many innocent people were infected by those Wisconsin protestors?

I hope no health care professionals are infected caring for these people.

Their behavior was a disgrace to our country.  And they proudly disgraced themselves, many memorialized in photographs.

Oh Darn!  I saw a number either yesterday or this morning and now I cannot remember what the number was, but it was probably about as most of us thinking folks expected.   Smiley Sad   They will, and no doubt already have, make others sick too.  

Honored Contributor

@QueenDanceALot wrote:

@PamfromCT wrote:

@Drythe wrote:

“LIKE IT NEVER EVEN HAPPENED”,

unless you are one of the 79,000 + who lost their lives,

or someone who loved one of them.

SMH

@Drythe, I think there might be some people who are yet unaware of the infection in the White House.  While there will never be an exact figure stated, it is estimated that some 11 

Secret Service agents are infected.  So a person close to the President infected, a person close to the Vice-President infected, what to worry?  I have also heard the rate of infection has gone up around 40% since Georgia opened everything up.  What to worry?  

Spoiler

And the personal assistant to the President's daughter infected.

@QueenDanceALot, what am I missing here?

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Respected Contributor

@Spurt Great towns to visit, but I was just about to guess Wimberley. I love their artisan strip.

I've booked B&B's there a couple of times, so I could shop and mingle, at leisure. Tx has some cool spots.  

Respected Contributor

@Drythe wrote:

SMH

Yes, "like it never happened."  The only problem with that is that COVID is still happening.  It doesn't have a calendar or a time table.  It's just hopping along from one to another host...rain or shine.

~The only difference between this place and the Titanic is that the Titanic had a band.~
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I think that this rush to open when not one state has fulfilled the requirements in what was supposed to the national guidelines has made people consciously or unconsciously actually think that the virus has disappeared. This probably was exacerbated by someone who said that maybe it will just disappear.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Respected Contributor

@suzyQ3 wrote:

@QueenDanceALot wrote:

@PamfromCT wrote:

@Drythe wrote:

SMH

@Drythe, I think there might be some people who are yet unaware of the infection in the White House.  While there will never be an exact figure stated, it is estimated that some 11 

Secret Service agents are infected.  So a person close to the President infected, a person close to the Vice-President infected, what to worry?  I have also heard the rate of infection has gone up around 40% since Georgia opened everything up.  What to worry?  

Spoiler

And the personal assistant to the President's daughter infected.

@QueenDanceALot, what am I missing here?

It's been reported that her assistant has been tele-working for several weeks and has been asymptomatic, but was tested as a precaution and tested positive.

~The only difference between this place and the Titanic is that the Titanic had a band.~
Trusted Contributor

@QueenDanceALot,

Right there with you - I'll be going too.  I'll bring the sunblock and a fan for us!

Things should have opened s-l-o-w-l-y.  Not throw the doors wide open.  

Valued Contributor

A perfect quote for this situation, @chickenbutt .  As is this one from Suzanne Collins, author of The Hunger Games:

"We are fickle, stupid beings with poor memories and a great gift for self-destruction."

Sorry to sound so cynical,but this whole business is starting to get to me.  Doesn't matter how careful and caring I am, the idiots will do us in anyway.

"Behold! We are not bound forever to the circles of the world, and beyond them is more than memory." J.R.R. Tolkien