Esteemed Contributor

Re: It Was Like It Never Even Happened!!!

[ Edited ]

@Drythe wrote:

“LIKE IT NEVER EVEN HAPPENED”,

unless you are one of the 79,000 + who lost their lives,

or someone who loved one of them.

SMH

@Drythe, I think there might be some people who are yet unaware of the infection in the White House.  While there will never be an exact figure stated, it is estimated that some 11 

Secret Service agents are infected.  So a person close to the President infected, a person close to the Vice-President infected, what to worry?  I have also heard the rate of infection has gone up around 40% since Georgia opened everything up.  What to worry?  

Spoiler

Honored Contributor

@Drythe wrote:

SMH

@Drythe 

Or just someone with a heart.

Honored Contributor

@reiki604 wrote:

@Drythe wrote:

SMH

Exactly!!!! I've also heard that at least 72 of the protesters in Wisconsin a couple of weeks ago have reportedly tested positive for Covid so far.

I'm probably going straight to hell for not caring.

Except for the fact that the idiots will pass it on to others.

Honored Contributor

@PamfromCT wrote:

@Drythe wrote:

SMH

@Drythe, I think there might be some people who are yet unaware of the infection in the White House.  While there will never be an exact figure stated, it is estimated that some 11 

Secret Service agents are infected.  So a person close to the President infected, a person close to the Vice-President infected, what to worry?  I have also heard the rate of infection has gone up around 40% since Georgia opened everything up.  What to worry?  

Spoiler

And the personal assistant to the President's daughter infected.

Honored Contributor

@reiki604 wrote:

@Drythe wrote:

SMH

Exactly!!!! I've also heard that at least 72 of the protesters in Wisconsin a couple of weeks ago have reportedly tested positive for Covid so far.

You heard correctly.  Eleven of them are from the town where I live, and six are in the local hospital.  I know some of them from the range where used to target shoot before COVID.  

Honored Contributor

Out walking I saw a LOT of cars today.  Sure, it's a beautiful day here (even though it started out below freezing), but we haven't even opened anything yet.

I think people hear that some things will be opening and that means they might as well just get started on being "free" because it's coming anyway.

Dumbos.

Respected Contributor

I am an RN trained in infection control protocols, how to put on and take off PPE, hand washing, all medial workers have to pass hand washing in school and yearly at the job. This is what I think: I have been ordering groceries online at wal-mart for months and picking them up at the drive through. They put them in my car, I take them in my house, hand wash and sanitize the doors etc. Today wal-mart parking lot was full and there were lots of people going in. Wal-mart is enforcing the social distancing at the doors. Most people did not have masks. The virus is still with us and I think infections will more up again in the next few weeks. 

I am social isolating because it is coming again. People are not being careful out there. Right now, I am trying to stock up on items that were previously sold out. 

Respected Contributor

Someone has to explain to me why there are some people who think they will not catch this terrible virus, even if you try to take precautions. 

Honored Contributor

@QueenDanceALot wrote:

@reiki604 wrote:

@Drythe wrote:

SMH

I'm probably going straight to hell for not caring.

Except for the fact that the idiots will pass it on to others.

I'm having a hard time with that too. When I imagine one of those same people struggling to breathe alone in a hospital bed, I soften a bit. No one deserves that, not even a really bad person would. But I'm still angry about what they are doing and what a big waste they are making of everything.

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Valued Contributor

@happycat wrote:

Our neighbors who live across from us, they are very kind and sweet people, but they are having a party today. I bet there are 15-20 cars over there. The yard is full, the house is small. No way they can be social distancing.

I'm just not comfortable being around a bunch of people. I'd be a nervous wreck.

Sounds like my neighbor but a huge fight broke out between two men and the party broke up.  I doubt very much that a party will be planned again any time soon.  My neighbor is level headed and I'm pretty sure the party was not her idea.