Honored Contributor

Re: It Was Like It Never Even Happened!!!

[ Edited ]

When I returned from my daily walk today, I somewhat jokingly told my husband that we're all doomed. I could almost feel the difference in the air as opposed to when we first went into stay at home mode.

It is a Saturday with gorgeous weather, so there's that. But people didn't seem as concerned anymore. I had a heck of a time avoiding close contact on my route that is supposedly less crowded. 

We are not a patient nation. I think too many have just said "blank it, I'm taking my life back."

Too bad I'm not a praying person. I guess I'll just wish for the best for all of us.

ETA: Oh, and the traffic is picking up everywhere. I don't know where they are all going, but they are going.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Kachina624 wrote:

@Spurt   New Braunfels?

@Kachina624 

WOW...Im impressed you knew about that town....Woman Very Happy

No, these cities were Kerrville, Comfort, and Fredricksburg.....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

@Porcelain wrote:

And this is how the virus spreads into the small towns where everyone is currently saying, "I live in a small town and there are hardly any cases right now. Surely we don't need to follow the same rules as the big cities." Then Typhoid Tim from Coronaville gets back from his vacation and drops in on your local craft fair...

Exactly!  It's tragically unfortunate that there will be a lot of spreading from this sort of thing.  

I hope everybody can stay safe!   I wonder why some Americans are just so darn delicate that they cannot play by the rules for the greater good.  Smiley Sad

Honored Contributor

@deepwaterdotter wrote:

Did people appear to be spending lots of money in the shops?  I hope so.  I want the business people to profit from their efforts.

@deepwaterdotter 

Hard to say....since we only visited the less crowded shops....but people did have shopping bags in hand from some of the stores....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

@suzyQ3 wrote:

When I returned from my daily walk today, I somewhat jokingly told him that we're all doomed. I could almost feel the difference in the air as opposed to when we first went into stay at home mode.

It is a Saturday with gorgeous weather, so there's that. But people didn't seem as concerned anymore. I had a heck of a time avoiding close contact on my route that is supposedly less crowded. 

We are not a patient nation. I think too many have just said "blank it, I'm taking my life back."

Too bad I'm not a praying person. I guess I'll just wish for the best for all of us.

ETA: Oh, and the traffic is picking up everywhere. I don't know where they are all going, but they are going.

@suzyQ3 

I agree with you except for one point, that I AM a praying person Woman Very Happy....Your totally right it looks like everyone is saying..."I'm so over this, time to move on....."  

Oh and yes traffic, I went to Walgreens to pick up a prescription around 3:30 PM yesterday and it looked like just the NORMAL rush hour traffic....  I know some businesses were opening....but  GEE didnt expect this!!! ......

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

“LIKE IT NEVER EVEN HAPPENED”,

unless you are one of the 79,000 + who lost their lives,

or someone who loved one, or several of them.

SMH

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Respected Contributor

Well I am fortunate to be able to stay home forever if need be. I'm not a senior yet but I do have asthma and Type 1 diabetes. I won't be leaving the house until I feel ok about doing so. Whatever others are doing no matter. 
Being a Texan I know all those towns 😂

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Drythe wrote:

or someone who loved one of them.

SMH

@Drythe 

It's like those people are forgotten as some think their name couldn't be added to either of those lists....invincible ya know Woman Frustrated

Respected Contributor

@Drythe wrote:

or someone who loved one of them.

SMH

Exactly!!!! I've also heard that at least 72 of the protesters in Wisconsin a couple of weeks ago have reportedly tested positive for Covid so far.

'I refuse to engage in a battle of wits with an unarmed man'.......Unknown
Esteemed Contributor

We decided to order from a local restaurant yesterday afternoon and went to pick it up. I couldn't believe how many cars were out! Parking lots were full at all the open businesses. We never even got out of the car. I had called in the order and the host brought the food to us. When I saw all those cars, I thought the same as the OP...it's like it never happened.