Honored Contributor

Re: It Was Like It Never Even Happened!!!

@PamfromCT wrote:

@Drythe wrote:

“LIKE IT NEVER EVEN HAPPENED”,

unless you are one of the 79,000 + who lost their lives,

or someone who loved one of them.

SMH

@Drythe, I think there might be some people who are yet unaware of the infection in the White House.  While there will never be an exact figure stated, it is estimated that some 11 

Secret Service agents are infected.  So a person close to the President infected, a person close to the Vice-President infected, what to worry?  I have also heard the rate of infection has gone up around 40% since Georgia opened everything up.  What to worry?  

Spoiler

@PamfromCT 

But Hey, Hey,

Some get tested Everyday!

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Honored Contributor

@AngelLove2 wrote:
My niece lives in Fredericksburg Tx. I'm not sure there were any cases there. She said life was so different there compared to Austin Tx. Since Fredericksburg is a tourist town, I hope they don't get complacent. Sounds like they already have. I would wear a mask and carry hand sanitizer, at least.

@AngelLove2 

One shop owner we spoke to said she thinks its up to 2 now in Fredricksburg....but she said these couple of months it was scary-----like a ghost town no activity anywhere----- main street was deserted....But like many others she was worried about finances and was going to open up May 1st anyway whether it was approved or not....but luckily they opened up the town....She said locally the city officials never said anything about masks....but the Governor did recommend it for all of Texas and to keep distancing......

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@homedecor1 wrote:

@Spurt 

This is exactly what I was thinking ...pandemic what pandemic????  I even commented to spouse about it.

I decided I was not going to cook tonight & just do "picnic" stuff.  I headed to WM super early - mask & wipes in hand.  Gone were the people at the doors wiping carts & counting people.

As I entered the store - there was a canister of wipes on stand.  BUT, certainly no 6' feet apart & very few people with masks.  I was surprised haven't seen kids in awhile (families) not many had masks!  It was a beautiful day maybe getting supplies for the beach😀.

I stopped and ordered chicken wings from our local food store .  They called earlier and said I'd have to go to another store they weren't available there & my order would be ready at 4:30.

Driving there I thought gone are the days no traffic, parking lots empty and the store was packed, no way could you social distance in aisles.  

The strip mall across the street looked like the parking lot was full.

As I always said I'm taking precautions to "protect" me and will continue!

@homedecor1 

Its like all hell broke loose.....we were supposed to be doing this in phases and check and see how it goes, but thats not the case......Some stores here are opening up...but not all, some are taking it slowly and thinking twice..... 

A small strip center where my sister lives is still closed...and she was remarking there was a store there she wanted to shop in, but their only store they opened was their store at the mall....she said the small strip center would be much safer and the store owners could control things more.....Like store owners controlling number of customers in the store at one time, wearing of masks, social distancing etc....

I am just continuing to use some common sense and taking precautions.... And whats funny the cases here have hit mostly people in their 40's, 30's, and 20's.....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Valued Contributor

Breaking news...

3 top members of Corona Task House quarantining for 14 days due to virus exposure. Dr. Fauci, Dr. Redfield, director of CDC, and Dr. Stephen Han, head of FDA.

Do as I say, not as I do.  No masks worn at any White House meetings. Sad.

Honored Contributor

I haven't heard reports of anything being back to normal near me...can only hope for it!

just moved into a new home.  All processes of it required special procedures, social distancing, a minimum number of people being present.  I wasn't even allowed to touch the door handles going in and out of the office for the closing!😜. Was asked to use my own pen.  Yes, I had one 

Respected Contributor

I know we have to open for economic reasons but people have to respect the mask and social distancing rules. That is not happening. Like I said I am stocking up on what I can because I see this getting bad again. 

Honored Contributor

Disheartening to read about @Spurt. I do understand the need to begin measured re-engaging and re-opening, but had hoped against hope that people would act responsibly... I guess I should have known better, but I honestly can't say I understand it... I'm as frustrated by all this as anybody, maybe even more frustrated than some, but I am staying in as much as is possible and I have been now for months... Even when things begin to reopen in my area, I have few plans to venture out until I personally feel more comfortable doing so than I do right now... 

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

@BlueFinch wrote:

@Spurt Great towns to visit, but I was just about to guess Wimberley. I love their artisan strip.

I've booked B&B's there a couple of times, so I could shop and mingle, at leisure. Tx has some cool spots.  

@BlueFinch   I recall a lovely day once spent wading in the beautiful Blanco River at Wimberley.  Thanks for the memory.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@conlt wrote:

I am an RN trained in infection control protocols, how to put on and take off PPE, hand washing, all medial workers have to pass hand washing in school and yearly at the job. This is what I think: I have been ordering groceries online at wal-mart for months and picking them up at the drive through. They put them in my car, I take them in my house, hand wash and sanitize the doors etc. Today wal-mart parking lot was full and there were lots of people going in. Wal-mart is enforcing the social distancing at the doors. Most people did not have masks. The virus is still with us and I think infections will more up again in the next few weeks. 

I am social isolating because it is coming again. People are not being careful out there. Right now, I am trying to stock up on items that were previously sold out. 

@conlt 

Hello, 

Two Autoimmune diseases have me sitting on my paws as well. 

We’re stocked up.

I agree, those untouchables will see another round.

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Valued Contributor

@conlt: I will be doing the same stocking up. My mama didn't raise know dummy. Woman Wink