Esteemed Contributor

Re: It Seems Like You Get The Night Shift If:

@hopi wrote:

Alberti didn' have a baby and he is wonderful and always on super late.

There is no figuring Q out.

It is prime time on the west coast right now

Alberti is an excellent host and most on nightly. I always think, in his case, he chooses night hours. I bet he's got another career going,@hopi.

Honored Contributor

I worked the overnight shift in a resort.    It was NEVER "quiet"..........that's when all the parties start.....the barfights begin, and the hookers arrive........

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

Perhaps it's most convenient for some hosts to work nights so they request it.  Sandra has children so maybe she works nights when hubby is available to babysit.  Other hosts may have sideline jobs in the daytime.

@Kachina624

Makes the most sense to me.

Respected Contributor

I never noticed what shift those returning from maternity leave are assigned to, but all the hosts get vacations and their shifts don't seem to change.

~The only difference between this place and the Titanic is that the Titanic had a band.~
Honored Contributor

All my favorites on another channel have been put on later shifts. I think they get/got a new rotation with people going on vacation. Some have held the same time zone. Then I got to wondering if they are playing now to the west coast. The east coast has had some for  awhile now. The newbies get the early mornings. Since I get up fairly early, I have decided to wait until the newness wears off. I just can't handle the nervous excitement and how some of them offer their products. It makes me crazy when they talk too fast and some high-pitched, while others are just grabbing for words and it comes out how I don't care for. So rather than complain, I'll stop watching for awhile. I'll wait for the rotation to come back around.

Honored Contributor

I agree with the opinion some people actually prefer to work nights.  I chose that shift for 16 years, because it worked best with caring for daughters who were 5 and 8 when I had to start working again, and it was my choice to work 24 hours of my schedule on the weekend because of convenience.    

I never applied for openings on any other shift, regardless of my seniority, because I was happier working alone on nights.   Not long after my youngest graduated from high school, my body let me know it was tired of working nightshift, and I was ready for another challenge, so I transferred into an administrative position.    

Trusted Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

Perhaps it's most convenient for some hosts to work nights so they request it.  Sandra has children so maybe she works nights when hubby is available to babysit.  Other hosts may have sideline jobs in the daytime.

I agree that it can be more convenient for one parent to work overnights so that there's always someone home with the kids -- that's how my mom and dad did it. 

The only problem I have with what you said (and I hear people say this a lot) is that hubby would be available to babysit -- I like to think of it as dad being home to be with the kids as a dad not a babysitter. 

Honored Contributor

@Annabellethecat66 wrote:

It seems like when someone comes back off of vacation or having a baby they get the night shift for awhile?  Is this my imagination?

Suddenly Sandra has been working late at night lately?  I don't know....does anyone else notice this?

Sandra has been working nights since she took over Friday Night Beauty not long after Lisa Robertson left, so not so lately. Smiley Happy

I think that some new parents choose a swing shift for either the father or the mother because it enables one parent to be at home with a small child at all times. I've worked at companies with swing shifts and there are married couples who work at the same company on different shifts because it means they don't need additional childcare.

I haven't noticed the vacation thing at all, but I don't watch QVC very often so all kinds of things could happen that I don't notice.

Honored Contributor

I don't see Sandra host that often at all except for Friday night Beauty so I"m not sure when she really works.

I have not been able to figure QVC out.  Some hosts who have been there a long time are still working overnight hours or not many hours at all and newer hosts have been put into primetime spots and work more hours.

They know what's going on, not us.  The hosts are all under contract so I would assume the hours they get and how many hours they work are all in their negotiated contract.  

Honored Contributor

Some people take a specific job because it offers them an opportunity to work nights because that fits into their personal life.