Honored Contributor

I never pay attention to look so see what I ordered to see if there are price changes.  Well I ordered four pair of some joggers and was checking the shipping status and guess what?   They haven't even been delivered yet.  They are selling them for $3.50 cheaper.  So I figure it's because of the fashion clearance.  I checked all clothing orders within the last 30 days and found $60 in the clothing purchases.  That's a big difference.  SCORE!!!  I have to make sure and monitor this from here on out.

Honored Contributor

@rms1954 

Yep, it pays!

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Trusted Contributor

@rms1954  SWEEEET $$$ catch!!!  Good detective work there.  

Respected Contributor

@rms1954 wrote:

I never pay attention to look so see what I ordered to see if there are price changes.  Well I ordered four pair of some joggers and was checking the shipping status and guess what?   They haven't even been delivered yet.  They are selling them for $3.50 cheaper.  So I figure it's because of the fashion clearance.  I checked all clothing orders within the last 30 days and found $60 in the clothing purchases.  That's a big difference.  SCORE!!!  I have to make sure and monitor this from here on out.

So how can you now adjust the order?

If it's "in process" usually they won't let you cancel so you can repurchase at the new, lower price. Just curious?

I've caught a few items I'd had on "check" until I figured out size or color...and yesterday cancelled one, and reordered, as the pricing had gone down and also free shipping yesterday. 

Unfortunately, Prive' Riveux's I had on check, changed to credit card and it's saying "backorder!" They should not have sold the items already accounted for already on order creating "backorders" for those of us who bought them on TSV day. But that's another issue from your OP, I realize.

Honored Contributor

That's the risk you take trying to hold something on 'check'....other orders will go ahead of you that are paying immediately.  The order isn't really accounted for...you could have just as easily canceled it as you mentioned you did while holding other items on check.

You do not need to cancel an existing order to get the price adjustment.

It something goes on sale.....Once the order has shipped, the price can be adjusted by a C/S rep.  They can not change it before it ships.  Since prices change daily, I always send an email that an item has gone on sale...and then once it ships follow up with a request for a sale price credit.

Honored Contributor

@amyb wrote:

@rms1954 wrote:

So how can you now adjust the order?

If it's "in process" usually they won't let you cancel so you can repurchase at the new, lower price. Just curious?

I've caught a few items I'd had on "check" until I figured out size or color...and yesterday cancelled one, and reordered, as the pricing had gone down and also free shipping yesterday. 

Unfortunately, Prive' Riveux's I had on check, changed to credit card and it's saying "backorder!" They should not have sold the items already accounted for already on order creating "backorders" for those of us who bought them on TSV day. But that's another issue from your OP, I realize.

@amyb  If it is within 30 days of the day you ordered it, Cust. Service orvtge Social Team here will do a price adjustment for you and either credit back your payment method or give you a merchandise credit

Respected Contributor

Good to know @rms1954 , thanks for the info!

Respected Contributor

The only reason I knew was the Q sent me emails that the price dropped.  Not a lot of money but near  $8 on two inexpensive items.  The credit (after notifying the social team) went directly back to my credit card.  Nice!  Both were at about 26-27 days so read those emails timely!  Hey, it’s something.  I’d be happy getting $4 off every order.  

Honored Contributor

i have never gotten such an email.  I checked all orders --- that's how I knew

Contributor

Thanks much for the heads up!  I just received a $5.62 refund.  I never would have thought to check if I hadn't seen your post!!!!