Respected Contributor

Re: It Is Only A Minute But I'll Take It.

My sunrise is at 10:08 and sunset at 5:39. That's 5:31hours of daylight. I'm really read for that gradual creep to daylight.

Esteemed Contributor

@traveler wrote:

My sunrise is at 10:08 and sunset at 5:39. That's 5:31hours of daylight. I'm really read for that gradual creep to daylight.

Wow. Ours is 7:35-5:21. Glad we don't do time change around here. 

Honored Contributor

our sunrise today was at 7:23am. our sunset is scheduled for 4:45pm. it is a dark gloomy day here today in baltimore though. lots of rain and the temperature has dropped.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

I was just thinking myself this morning how much closer we are to that dreaded day of 12/21.  As much as I adore Christmas on the 25th I despise the 21st.  Texas darkness is my preference.  If you had to live here for only one summer you would understand.

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Respected Contributor

I live in Anchorage, Alaska hence the short daylight hours. We'll get it back in June. LOL. 

Esteemed Contributor

@beckyb1012 wrote:

I was just thinking myself this morning how much closer we are to that dreaded day of 12/21.  As much as I adore Christmas on the 25th I despise the 21st.  Texas darkness is my preference.  If you had to live here for only one summer you would understand.

Arizona too. Dark is good.

Honored Contributor

@San Antonio Gal wrote:

@Spurt wrote:

I enjoy the change of seasons....and the early sunsets make up for the sun not setting until almost 10 PM here in Texas in the summer!

@Spurt  - When I lived in Amarillo, the 4th of July fireworks display did not happen until 9:45 because they had to wait until it was dark enough.  I enjoyed the long summer days there.  Smiley Happy 

Gets dark here at 6, where I used to live up in Ind where my 2 sisters are it gets dark at 4 LOL

Didn't know @San Antonio Gal  you used to live here. It's building up here ! So many new subdivisions popping up out of the city. Wish we would get more stores. I like Macy's. Ollie's is coming LOL just like that store. Discount books and stuff.