Honored Contributor

Re: It Is Finally Sunny After Days of Gloom!

Btw, anyone here ever notice that when it's a dull gloomy, foggy day, cats' eyes remain closed or semi closed?  They can barely keep them open.

Then, when it's sunny, their eyes 'light up'.  They (the cats) look as though they are feeling 'perky'.  

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Esteemed Contributor

I have always loved being in the sun.  In hot weather preferably by a body of water.

I didn't do my skin any good when I was younger but in the past a chaise lounge, a bottle of Hawaiian Tropic and a cold drink.  I was good to go.

Honored Contributor

I avoid sun and heat and can’t begin to understand why anyway would want to get hot. 🤣 And have sun shining in your eyes. 😖 Sun gives me a headache. I’m part vampire.
Esteemed Contributor

@bikerbabe  I did my sunning in younger years.  Now I would melt if I sat out in anything over 80.  I can't do humidity at my age either.

You are like my daughter, she abhors the sun and heat.  It must be a good thing she is 50 and has beautiful skin.

Frequent Contributor

I lived in Phoenix for 40 long years and finally moved to the Denver area five years ago where my husband grew up. For so long I HATED the sun. Week after week of heat and sun and cicadas got so depressing! The strangest thing has happened now that I’m in a colder climate: I’m learning to love summer! It’s taken a while though!
Frequent Contributor

But yes, strangely having clouds and winter is harder for me than I’d ever imagined and now I look forward to the sun.
Respected Contributor

I am like a blooming flower, I gravitate towards the sun, but droop if it gets too hot.

When I worked it didn't bother me as much.  I sat under the bright fluorescent lights and being busy I didn't dwell on the gloomy days as much.

Respected Contributor

@CrazyKittyLvr2 As ****** VanDyke sang:  "Gray skies are gonna clear up, put on a happy face".

Respected Contributor

@CrazyKittyLvr2 wrote:

Oh my gosh, it's pretty out.  Sunshine, yeah!!  It's still fairly chilly but I'll take it.

I don't know about anyone else but I really, really need to see sunshine as often as possible.  Days upon days of dark dreary weather aren't good for my outlook on anything. It's downright depressing.

The only downside is it shows me I need to dust. lol  Going to grab my Swiffer now.

Do you need sunshine or doesn't it matter to you?

@CrazyKittyLvr2   Did you go out and enjoy the day?  What did you do to take advantage of the good weather?