Honored Contributor

Re: It Feels GOOD to Eat Out Again!

We've been eating out in our NY area since last year. First outdoor which we do anyway in the summer especially with all the restaurants on the river. Then still in the summer it went to indoor at a certain capacity, then more and more. No restaurants went out of business here. 

Esteemed Contributor

We've been eating out since maybe June of last year. Arizona didn't do outdoor dining but limited inside capacity. Can't expect people to eat outside in 118 degrees. Now every restaurant is packed.

Respected Contributor

Well hubs and I are going for the first time since February 2020 tonight, to a local spot that has outdoor dining. The weather is stunning in southeastern MD right now so we are going to take advantage of it.  And yes, I am excited 😊. We aren't ready for indoor yet even though we are vaxxed. Too many unvaxxed people wandering around and with the possibility to still catch it and pass it along to my unvaxxed grandkids, we just refuse to take that chance. So for us, maybe next year we will unmask in stores, etc. 

Everyone enjoy the creep back to normal!

Valued Contributor

I had not eaten in a restaurant in 16 months and was used to my new normal because of Covid.  Our state has opened and I thought I would be taking "baby steps" forward until there was a death in the family.  My DH and I flew out of state and ate inside restaurants with family members.  We attended a funeral where no one was masked and, there was a buffet style meal afterward where no one was masked.  My plan for "baby steps" changed to "jumping in with two feet."  Fortunately, I did not get sick.  The only time masks were required was on our flights otherwise, no one wore one which surprised me.

Honored Contributor

We traveled last fall and stayed in a hotel one night.The “breakfast buffet” turned out to be a brown lunch sack with an orange, a prepackaged cinnamon roll, and a juicebox of apple juice. It was left outside our door along with a morning newspaper.