Esteemed Contributor

It Feels GOOD to Eat Out Again!

California has re-opened, and there is indoor, sit-down dining again.

No restrictions. No "50% capacity" .

The staff still wear masks, but there is salt & pepper shakers in the table again, sugar packets, and creamer on the table again, but the patrons don't have to wear masks.

It feels good to return to some semblance of "normal" .

Yes, I am very  well aware that Covid isn't over, and people are still getting sick, hospitalized, dying, etc, but compared to 365 days ago, we are a lot better off.

The Sky looks different when you have someone you love up there.
Trusted Contributor

Re: It Feels GOOD to Eat Out Again!

We ate out for lunch at Panera Cafe a couple weeks ago for the first time in over 14 months. 

Place wasn't crowded and I felt comfortable.  It was a simple lunch of a turkey sandwhich and tomato soup but that was the best lunch I had in a very long time.  

Felt like being normal again.

Honored Contributor

We are traveling and staying in a hotel for first time in 16 months. It's still strange. No water in pool, exercise room is closed and restaurant puts your food in a carryout container and you take it to the table. We were hoping for a sit down dinner with real china and a waitress who brings the food. Rather disappointing - perhaps it will be better on our July vacation.

Respected Contributor

wishing you all good luck

~~who/what is responsible for your joy? YOU!~~
Honored Contributor

We've been eating out whenever the restaurants have been open here in Chicago.  Now they are at 100% capacity and it is a good feeling.  The things we took for granted--having a decent meal in a restaurant!!!

Esteemed Contributor

I've eaten at restaurants since June 2020 when outdoor dining was first permitted in NYC under strict protocols, including very restrictive seating capacity.   At the same time indoor dining was allowed under capacity restrictions in most other parts of NYS.

I've eaten indoors in many NYC establishments when it was permitted and as capacity constraints slowly increased. 

A few of my favorite places, however,  have closed permanently over the past year.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Hoping many more share your enthusiasm for dining in restaurants.  Since our favorite eateries closed permanently last year, we have yet to find a restaurant that is calling our name.  Think we are used to eating meals at home.

Respected Contributor

A couple of weeks ago we went to my favorite BBQ place.  We haven't been there in at least a year and a half.  I heard the people sitting to my left say the same exact thing.  The food was as good as a remembered.  Can't wait to go back.

Esteemed Contributor

It feels WONDERFUL to be out and not afraid after our vaccinations!!!!!!

Honored Contributor

I'm glad you're enjoying dining out!

I've been eating at restaurants all last summer in PA (outdoor dining only) and into the fall.  I went to Florida last month and we ate out most nights for more than two weeks....both indoors & out.