Honored Contributor

Re: Israeli protection from Pfizer vaccine drops from 94% to 64%. Possibly due to Delta variant.

@agb80 wrote:

If the vaccinated can get sick from a variant such as Delta why should anyone just shrug their shoulders and say well chances are you won't be hospitalized or die!  You will also infect others especially unvaccinated children who are at the mercy of their parents if they are too young to make their own decision about getting vaccinated.  

@agb80, so if a vaccinated person can infect others (btw, there is no proof of this and most experts think it is not likely), we know for a fact that unvaccinated people can and do infect others. So I'm not getting the point here.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Israeli protection from Pfizer vaccine drops from 94% to 64%. Possibly due to Delta variant.

A report on Yahoo news said that it is virtually impossible for vaccinated people to infect children even if that child isn't vaccinated. The CDC is still standing by their mask guidance, leaving it up to individual states.

Too many conflicting reports on this. I will continue to do what I've been doing all along. I'm fully vaccinated and won't be worrying about any variant because no one knows anything for sure. I take care of myself as there's not much else I can do. 

"The more I learn about people, the more I like my dog."

Mark Twain
Honored Contributor

Assuming the vaccinated can't infect the unvaccinated, so as more are vaccinated, the less the unvaccinated are at risk.

The long term effect of the covid vaccine is unknown and, in rare cases some who have received the vaccine developed life threatening blood clots. No one, as yet,

knows why these individuals and not others.

So, why should the unvaccinated risk unknown long term issues or the possible rare blood clots by getting vaccinated at this time?

Trusted Contributor

@suzyQ3 I don't understand your logic.  If a vaccinated person gets sick why in the world would you think they couldn't infect others?  Of course they could! 

Honored Contributor

@Drythe wrote:

@Just Bling 

Theories abound, and you surely can not speak for everyone regarding a fall booster.  

When they make a booster, I'm going to get it. I'm a fan of mainstream medicine. No big deal at all.

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@agb80 wrote:

If the vaccinated can get sick from a variant such as Delta why should anyone just shrug their shoulders and say well chances are you won't be hospitalized or die!  You will also infect others especially unvaccinated children who are at the mercy of their parents if they are too young to make their own decision about getting vaccinated.  

If someone doesn't get vaccinated and doesn't take effective precautions and doesn't protect their children, they can all get Covid quite easily.

That is the informed decision that voluntarily unvaccinated people are making and it is not anyone else's responsibility to protect them from it. If they don't get vaccinated and don't take precautions, they have consented to potentially getting sick. That's their problem.

People who cannot get properly vaccinated for medical reasons will presumably continue to protect themselves the way they did in 2020. And if they ask for special protections in special situations, I will always support that.

"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Trusted Contributor

@Porcelain wrote:

@agb80 wrote:

If someone doesn't get vaccinated and doesn't take effective precautions and doesn't protect their children, they can all get Covid quite easily.

That is the informed decision that voluntarily unvaccinated people are making and it is not anyone else's responsibility to protect them from it. If they don't get vaccinated and don't take precautions, they have consented to potentially getting sick. That's their problem.

People who cannot get properly vaccinated for medical reasons will presumably continue to protect themselves the way they did in 2020. And if they ask for special protections in special situations, I will always support that.

@Porcelain not really.  Kids who are minors don't have say in the matter so you're saying it's ok to get kids sick too.  

Honored Contributor

@agb80 wrote:

@Porcelain not really.  Kids who are minors don't have say in the matter so you're saying it's ok to get kids sick too.  

It doesn't matter that you and I both think it's not okay. There's nothing we can do about it.

Honored Contributor

@agb80 wrote:

@suzyQ3 I don't understand your logic.  If a vaccinated person gets sick why in the world would you think they couldn't infect others?  Of course they could! 

Can fully vaccinated people still transmit the virus to others, including other vaccinated people? 

While it is possible, Dr. Cardona says that the ability to transmit COVID-19 may occur at a lower rate. She adds that this could also be a reality for people who don’t have a good immune response to vaccines.

“The elderly, those with immune or chronic health conditions or those with underlying health disorders may not have the best protective response to vaccines, such as the COVID-19 vaccines. We are still collecting data and doing ongoing research about the vaccine responses in these vulnerable populations.” 

https://health.clevelandclinic.org/can-vaccinated-people-transmit-covid-19-to-others/

I'm not losing sleep over this as compared with those who are not vaccinated.

@agb80 

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

I will stick with the Doctors I follow when it comes to the virus, and it's variants. For me living my life is more important than how long that might be. 

No plans on giving a serious though to "what might be's".  I got 2 Phizer shots and I will stick with the 90+% figure of safe. Then there is the % of that number that i will die if contracted. All % numbers i am fine with.

hckynut 

hckynut(john)