Respected Contributor

Re: Isn't it surprising the amount of "views" on posts?!

@dooBdoo wrote:

@MalteseMomma wrote:

@Shawnie wrote:

I don’t even understand how they track viewing a post.  It’s not like you hit something  to indicate you are viewing a post.  If you do a scroll drive by do they count that as a view?  I don’t get it.  

@Shawnie

sigh......................... I don't get it either........I the (very) old days we (pet lovers) would stay on here all night and have a wonderful time.  We made many,many close friends back then. Everything is soooooooo different now........................

@Shawnie and @MalteseMomma, it's just an elementary software feature that increments the "view" counter each time any device opens the screen displaying your post.   As others have said, it doesn't tell us how many people have read the post...  it only tells us that post was displayed that many times.   Whether I'm logged in or not, if I refresh my screen several times right now with this post displayed, the counter will go up every time I refresh.   This basic counter is relatively meaningless.

Ah now i see!  I just upped your views a few!  Thanks for the explanation.

Honored Contributor

@Johnnyeager wrote:

Yes, I need to get a hobby or do volunteer work.

Or we need to read a book.   Get a life, right?  I'm working on it!😇

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Honored Contributor

@dooBdoo wrote:

@Johnnyeager wrote:

I opened and closed it about 55 times so I could raise the number.

@Johnnyeager!😊  Love it!   Watch out...  someone will tell us we have too much time on our hands!😉

Ha!  Good one, dooB.   

PS:  NIce seein' ya.  Heart