Honored Contributor

Re: Isn't it surprising the amount of "views" on posts?!

@qualitygal @ShowMe   LOL I have never noticed that before Smiley Happy Smiley Happy Thank you I see it now  Smiley Tongue

Faith is the strength by which a shattered world shall emerge into the light. —Helen Keller
Honored Contributor

@on the bay wrote:

I never noticed until a few months ago how many views on posts; sometimes 100's even thousands.

The odd thing to me is how many views with so little comments or hearts comparatively.

Are there so many members who just read or people who have not signed up as members who just read these forums?

Maybe it is like many other social media sites-people just read but don't want to join in.

Though I know I read for about a year before I ever signed up and posted.

Reason people don't offer their own views and join in is because of 

kick back responses from folks who think their opinion is the only one that should count. Then, a flame breaks out and the mod poofs the whole thing or 'close for commenting'.

Trusted Contributor

AMEN!

~Breathe In~ Breathe Out~ Move On~
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Something else that surprised me is that they show who all is logged on, how long they've been logged on and how long they have been idle as opposed to carousing the forums/threads/posts.

eta:  maybe they took that feature away because I can't find it.

Trusted Contributor

or else they use the post to chit chat with another poster and go off the subject.

Honored Contributor

@Lucky Charm wrote:

Something else that surprised me is that they show who all is logged on, how long they've been logged on and how long they have been idle as opposed to carousing the forums/threads/posts.

@Lucky Charm.....if they did away with that feature, it is OK with me.  Just because.....if I am still signed in, and not posting, no one needs to know that.

Honored Contributor

@newname0 wrote:

or else they use the post to chit chat with another poster and go off the subject.

@newname0.....ok, I'm guilty of doing that sometimes.  Especially if it is a poster I haven't seen for a while.  Think that the thread can be brought back to where it is supposed to be.  All the posters have to do is skip over it.....no big deal.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Lucky Charm wrote:

It's still there, @Lucky Charm.😊

@proudlyfromNJ and @gardenman discussed it earlier in the thread.    Just click on "Blogs and Forums" on the left side of the page at the very top of all the sub-forum names.    Then, under the sub-forum names you'll see "Online Now."   The specific name listings aren't 100% complete (several reasons for that) but it provides a sketch.

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@dooBdoo wrote:

@Lucky Charm wrote:

It's still there, @Lucky Charm.😊

@proudlyfromNJ and @gardenman discussed it earlier in the thread.    Just click on "Blogs and Forums" on the left side of the page at the very top of all the sub-forum names.    Then, under the sub-forum names you'll see "Online Now."   The specific name listings aren't 100% complete (several reasons for that) but it provides a sketch.

@dooBdoo.....just checked.....yes, it is still there.  

It is showing 5 names.....mine being 1 of them.  But, you are not listed on there.....

Honored Contributor

@Trinity11 wrote:

I do a lot more reading here now than I used to. Replying here is at your own risk. Personally, I am not good at dealing with snarky replies, so I prefer just reading.

It is a good experiment to give yourself a few days of reading without posting. You will learn a lot about posters. Some are in a perpetual bad mood and others are very giving of themselves and always eager to help. Because of them, I continue to read here...

Amen to everything you wrote, @Trinity11.   That pretty well explains why I read much more than I post these days...  and some of the things I post and then immediately remove.   I do miss seeing you around, but it's good to know you're here reading with me!❤️

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova