Esteemed Contributor

Re: Isis blows up 2000 year old temple in Palmyra

lol
Honored Contributor

I sure wouldn't want to be a Pres. now-a-days.  Not a good profession as a goal for the little ones to try to achieve.  Way too complicated because of all that's going on in the world. 

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Respected Contributor

Respected Contributor

???

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Lila Belle wrote:
lol

What a disgusting comment.  Glad you think it's funny to destroy something like this.  And to execute a respected, elderly scholar because he refused to tell them where other antiquities were hidden?  You must find that hilarious!

You have a very strange sense of humor.  You must be very immature to have made such a comment.

Respected Contributor

Besides blowing up the temple of Palmyra they decapited an 82 year old archeologist from there and hanged him after that. 

What can I say? They are superb  group of people. I wish I had power to turn them into a parking lot. 

Honored Contributor

@muttmom wrote:

There's an interesting blurb for NBC Nightly News.  Lester Holt asks the question, had the US not invaded Iraq, would there be ISIS?

The former Iraqi dictator kept the opposing religious sects under his thumb.

I heard this sound bite earlier.  Lester Holt is not giving his (or NBC's) opinion.  He is simply asking a question.

Respected Contributor

@Puzzle Piece wrote:

@muttmom wrote:

There's an interesting blurb for NBC Nightly News.  Lester Holt asks the question, had the US not invaded Iraq, would there be ISIS?

The former Iraqi dictator kept the opposing religious sects under his thumb.

NBC IS JUST ONE GUYS OPINION.  All the various terrorist groups were comfortable in Iraq with the former dictator.  Would have happened sooner or later. 

There was no opinion given.  It was a thought provoking question.

Tonight Richard Engel did a piece on what happens to the young ISIS recruits that defy them.  It was heartbreaking.

Honored Contributor

@Venezia wrote:

@Lila Belle wrote:
lol

What a disgusting comment.  Glad you think it's funny to destroy something like this.  And to execute a respected, elderly scholar because he refused to tell them where other antiquities were hidden?  You must find that hilarious!

You have a very strange sense of humor.  You must be very immature to have made such a comment.

There is not a doubt in my mind that Lila Belle was NOT lol'ing at the destruction or the execution.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Each time I hear how they are destroying history I get a pit in my stomach. That poor man they beheaded who was the head of antiquities...horrible!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

**Careful... I have caps lock and I am not afraid to use it.**