Honored Contributor

This is why lists like these are not really meaningful. You love NYC - I absolutely hated it there.Been there a few times when first husband & I travelled for his work. I'm just not a person who is comfortable in large cities.

Honored Contributor

@deepwaterdotter wrote:

Wisconsin, yes.  My town, no.

@deepwaterdotter

When I was a kid in Chicago, the Dells and Lake Geneva were fun. Heart

Wisconsin = 21.

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Honored Contributor

@151949 wrote:

This is why lists like these are not really meaningful. You love NYC - I absolutely hated it there.Been there a few times when first husband & I travelled for his work. I'm just not a person who is comfortable in large cities.

@151949

I'll never forget the feeling I had when the plane circled the city and I had my first glimpse of that skyline.

Better-half and I had just started dating and we turned to each other and said simultaneously: "We're gonna die."

We were wrong.  We survived NYC.  But on our tenth day there I was ready to go home.  Exhausted! Woman LOL

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Valued Contributor

Seems like a few Chambers of Commerce are filling the marketing coffers for ranking...lol

The cities in the state I live in are not all that exciting, yet are ranked higher than ones well known for ....well...everything really.

Unfortunately I live in a resort town, as my husband grew up here...I wish it were a little less "fun" in the summer when I'm trying to get to the grocery store through a sea of waddling looky loos......

Honored Contributor

@Quse wrote:

Seems like a few Chambers of Commerce are filling the marketing coffers for ranking...lol

The cities in the state I live in are not all that exciting, yet are ranked higher than ones well known for ....well...everything really.

Unfortunately I live in a resort town, as my husband grew up here...I wish it were a little less "fun" in the summer when I'm trying to get to the grocery store through a sea of waddling looky loos......

@Quse

What did you think of your state's ranking?

Esteemed Contributor

MN was listed as #12, does not surprise me, there is always something to do here, we have a wide variety of activities to do whatever the season!

Honored Contributor

(thread title)

Has my kind of fun, which to others might seem like he!!. All relativity.

hckynut(john)

hckynut(john)
Esteemed Contributor

Can't agree. 

Fun?  Depends on what one's idea of 'fun' is. 

Why does doing things with children/teens figure into this - then it's a family oriented study, not an adult only study.  Many grown, working adults have lots of fun without children/minors around. 

Never Forget the Native American Indian Holocaust
Respected Contributor

Austin, Texas - 32? 

Oh come on, totally disagree - should be higher than that! Love this whole area!

-Texas Hill Country-
Honored Contributor

It's always fun here in Colorado. If you can't find something fun to do, you're not looking.Smiley Happy