Trusted Contributor

Re: Is your Christmas Tree lit?

I plug my tree in as soon as it goes up and it stays lit until I take it down shortly after Christmas.
Honored Contributor

Our trees usually go on about 4.  Today it is dark and rainy and I'm expecting company soon, so the trees are on.

Honored Contributor

The timer is a little wacky on my lights.  It's on most days.

Respected Contributor

Usually turn on at three or four in afternoon and on till I go to bed. Week of Christmas on longer. Guess I'm another one conserving on lights. LOL
Respected Contributor

As soon as I get up, it's only there for a short time, I enjoy it while it lasts.

Super Contributor

The tree stays on all day if we're home and the only time we turn it off is at bedtime or when we leave the house. I work from home so there's no way I'm going to keep the tree dark until nightfall. It's so much more beautiful lit up. The minute I wake up, even at the crack of dawn,  I light it. 

Honored Contributor

@colliegirls wrote:

Do you keep your tree (if you celebrate Christmas) lit during the day, if you are home?  Or do you turn it on only at night?

I turn mine on as soon as I wake up in the morning and leave it on all day.  I turn it off when I leave the house or when we go to bed at night.

This is me exactly.

Too much money, time and effort buying, storing, decorating and then putting holiday decor back away, to not enjoy it every possible minute it is up during the season. 

Probably a sign of my generation, but an unlit tree is rather sad (and boring).

Esteemed Contributor

Once the decorations are up, I wake in the morning and plug everything in (or use the remote) first thing!!  Since we get up at 5-5:30, it is still dark out and the decorations look so festive!  It's a great way to start the day.

Respected Contributor

mine are lit all the time