Trusted Contributor

Re: Is your Christmas Tree lit?

I turn my lights on only at night or like others say on dreary days. I had to replace my prelit tree this year after having it for 7 years. If I had a tree that wasn't prelit I would leave the lights on longer because the lights would have to come off anyway each Christmas. 

Esteemed Contributor

I turn it on when I get up....I am home all day...and it stays on till I go to bed...I do shut it off if I leave the house...but turn it back on when I get home....

I bought one of the Santa's Best with the different settings...so each day when I turn the tree on...I put a different color for the day...I don't use the blinking..fading...all those odd things...I just like the colors...

Esteemed Contributor

I turn the lights on as soon as I get up in the morning.  I enjoy seeing it lit all day!

Esteemed Contributor

Depends on my mood, or the amount of outside light, as others have said.  I think my tree looks nice without lights on, too (and yes, I'm one of those who would fret if even just one bulb goes, so I tend to conserve).

That's my inside tree - the outside one on the porch is lit pre-dawn 'til full sunrise, and then at dusk 'til I retire.  I like it during the day, too, unlit.  It's got red "needles" (red lights at night, too) and I decorated it with Norway spruce cones that I copped from a huge tree up the road (they had fallen to the ground onto the easement - public property!).

Cogito ergo sum
Honored Contributor

When we are here they are on. Smiley Happy

Fate whispers to her, "You cannot withstand the storm." She whispers back, "I am the storm."

Honored Contributor

Mine is usually lit all day unless I have errands to run in the morning, then I won't put it on until I get back and I'm in for the day.

Esteemed Contributor

I like my stairway garland, and my two lit wreaths inside, lit the entire time I am home also.

I don't ever have any trouble seeing them during daylight, they are bright lights (but not those awful blinding blue white LEDs!!!). I do close the shutters when the afternoon sun hits the tree so my ornaments and picks do not fade.

Honored Contributor

@colliegirls

This is what we do as well!  We like to make the most of it while we can!  Its so nice to look over at it and see it sparkling. The time passses so quickly.  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Honored Contributor

@Buck-i-Nana

That is so sweet!!!!  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Honored Contributor

I have the timers set for 4 pm.  But if it's a dreary day or I'm wrapping or baking, I will turm them on earlier.

They're lit when we open presents Christmas Day.