Honored Contributor

Re: Is this legit or is this a scam?

@Mindy D   I got that email this afternoon.  The address that it came from was subscription.service@subscriptions.ssa.gov, which @Caffeina  showed in her reply to you as being a legitimate email.  It looked like a legitimate email to me, and I'm always suspicious.

Still,  I would not have clicked on it to be safe.  I've already gotten my stimulus check so I had no need to learn anymore aboiut it.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Trusted Contributor

@ I just received the same email today. I ignored it because it does not pertain to my husband and I. 

Respected Contributor

Here's my latest scam...I kid you not.  So pathetic and these scammers need to face consequences for their evil and deceptive ways.  This is a very hot topic for me.  Bottom line, do not EVER click on links.  Awareness of the ball is half of being on it.  

BC2DAD4C-E55E-44B8-8945-FB58D71FA919.jpeg

307268C5-38CE-48DD-8C82-0459E92E5445.jpeg

Honored Contributor

@Caffeina wrote:

ssa1.PNGssa2.PNG

https://www.ssa.gov/myaccount/security.html 

@Caffeina @I tried reporting and following the directions but the links here and on the SS site do not work.

Esteemed Contributor

@Mindy D  if you have already received your first stimulus check, I wouldn´t worry about the email.

Esteemed Contributor

Exactly! So much anxiety and angst.

• If you already received your stimulus payment,  this isn't for you.
  • If you are not eligible for the stimulus payment,  this isn't for you.
  • If you haven't received a payment and may be eligible for such payment and receive a letter from the IRS and are skeptical,  toss said letter in the recycling or shred it.
Honored Contributor

The information contained in the email is correct.  If it doesn't apply to you, delete it and move on.  If it does apply to you, go to IRS.gov and put your information in.  

Honored Contributor

@Sage04 wrote:

@Mindy D  if you have already received your first stimulus check, I wouldn´t worry about the email.

@Sage04 @I never said I was worried about it. Please reread my original post. I'm not concerned about this in the least. I just want to know whether people think it looks real or not.

Trusted Contributor

Mindy,

I received the same e-mail.  I did not open it; not sure it applied to me, as a senior, or children who receive SSA benefits.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

The date to receive your stimulus payment, should you be eligible and should you want the money,  has once again been extended, to November 21st. 

It's generally seniors with solely Social Security income who are eligible for the payment but have ignored entreaties to apply.