Esteemed Contributor

Re: Is this a new telephone scam?

Scam

Respected Contributor

SCAM.  Absolutely, do not call back, do not respond, do not pick up.  They are more and more sophisticated and innovative.  DO NOT RESPOND IN ANY WAY.

Trusted Contributor

Consensus is scam. I did exactly what everyone had suggested, blocked the number and deleted the message. Just passing along what could be the next case in point possibility as a twist on the ole message. Then again, simply could be a wrong number with a very sad message. Maybe, or maybe not. Be that as it may, smart gals here.

Honored Contributor

@catwhisperer wrote:

What a bunch of drama queens, over ONE phone call. If there were numerous calls like this, I could understand the concern, but would not get all whacked out over one call. 

“Sorry but” your post makes no sense.

The OP asked “do you think this is a scam?” The overwhelming response has been “yes, it is.”

I see no drama. I see no one getting “all whacked out.”

I see nothing but people answering the OP. Oh, and one poster name-calling for ? purpose.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Esteemed Contributor

I know that alot of us have kind hearts and want to help people in need....but the scammers now are taking advantage of this and it is best to be careful and not respond to these type of calls.

Respected Contributor

Sounds like one of the telephone scams going around!!!!!