Honored Contributor

Is there something you'd still like to do?

I think it would be cool to learn how to do pottery.  There's some beautiful things that can be made.  

Valued Contributor

Re: Is there something you'd still like to do?

I would love to learn how to sing or play the piano. 

Honored Contributor

@qualitygal wrote:

I think it would be cool to learn how to do pottery.  There's some beautiful things that can be made.  

I’m doing it. My WHOLE LIFE I’ve wanted to return to playing a musical instrument at a high enough level to play in a serious, intensive ensemble, whether band, orchestra, whatever.

I’ve found an EXCELLENT teacher who was willing to take me on, white hair, wrinkles, and all, and told him that I expected him to be ruthless AND HE IS.

Nothing has stopped me in this, not even rapidly progressing arthritis and deformed fingers. The desire to play well has so far allowed me to play pain free.

I will continue to do this until I die or lose my ability to reason. 

Honored Contributor

@CinNC wrote:

I would love to learn how to sing or play the piano. 

DO IT.

Respected Contributor

Maybe live to 100?

Respected Contributor

I want to learn to speak Spanish.....am trying to decide now what is the best way for me.  I tend to do better in a class than on my own.

There are a few places that are still on my bucket list for traveling:  Rwanda, Uganda, and Ethiopia.  I think I am going to wait a few years until retirement so I can devote more time to each place.

Honored Contributor

I would like to get my pilots license and own my own plane.

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Respected Contributor

@Travone wrote:

I want to learn to speak Spanish.....am trying to decide now what is the best way for me.  I tend to do better in a class than on my own.

There are a few places that are still on my bucket list for traveling:  Rwanda, Uganda, and Ethiopia.  I think I am going to wait a few years until retirement so I can devote more time to each place.

Me too!  I'm dying to learn Spanish but there are no classes locally.  I'm thinking of taking Spanish 1 at a community college about a half hour away - in September. Then Spanish 2.  It's more of a "conversational Spanish" type class.  I actually know a lot of Spanish already but this will help.

I tried a few online programs but they're really not for me. 

Honored Contributor

I have often thought about learning French. I have even looked at Babble, and wondered if it was worth the money

Respected Contributor

Learn how to crochet.