Honored Contributor

Re: Is there any way to stop STUPID?

[ Edited ]

@Deree wrote:

"STUPID" doesn't stop with ordinary people.  My local weatherman continues to talk about "getting outside to enjoy this beautiful day" when we have constant airing of PSA's throughout the day by our city and state Health Commissioners to "Stay Home- Save Lives."  I have written to him on his FB page imploring him to stop encouraging people to go out.  Just report the weather facts and stop with the glowing superlatives.  Some idiots argued with me saying we are allowed to go outside.  Yes, for essentials but at this point no one should even be going outside for recreational purposes if this crisis is going to end.

@Deree 

There is nothing wrong with going outside, to enjoy your yard, to take a walk, to ride a bike.  As long as you keep your distance from others it's a good thing to do.

I walk every day, I work in my yard, I mow my lawn.  All of it is all by my lonesome.

Going to the grocery, even when it's only essentials you're after, is a lot more risky.

Honored Contributor

@Witchy Woman wrote:

@QueenDanceALot 

Please see my previous post about what I meant about "judging" this man.

In short, I meant his appearance, not his actions. 

He's an idiot that should have been locked up.  Period. 

@Witchy Woman 

I'm not sure why you tagged me?

If it's because I liked @Sooner 's post, it was because I agreed with her in principle.  Nothing to do with you or what you said.

Trusted Contributor

I was so proud of the behavior of the kids in our town, helping others, but I haven't been outside. Today, our mayor was literally begging them not to get together to hang out and he asked where the parents were. Parents have coddled their children and they aren't taking it seriously! They think it's just another rule to be broken. Not only are the kids childish, the "adults" are nitwits.

Valued Contributor

@noodleann wrote:

They're not stupid. They think they're immune, that the other guy gets sick, and so they do what they want to because there's no meaningful penalty.

Here's how to get their attention: You violate the gathering prohibition--and it better be a LAW, not a SUGGESTION--and you get written up, cited, using all of your ID. That goes on your permanent record with the police department.

The second time you violate the no-gathering order, you pay a $1,200 fine. Yes, the coronavirus bonus or whatever that is. Turn it into a real stimulus, stimulating these j-esses to stay in their homes.

The third time you violate the no-gathering order, you're arrested and taken to a holding cell, where you can percolate a while. You also have a $5,000 fine, and that's on top of forfeiting your $1,200 bonus. If you're getting unemployment, it's garnished.

MAKE SANCTIONS THAT HAVE SOME MEANING FOR ASOCIALS. Why should they be allowed to spread a potentially fatal disease to the rest of us?

@noodleann Can you please be governor of TN? LOL or at least send him this?? He's one of those of which this very topic is about. Yeah. Special. 

~ Hope in TN ~
Esteemed Contributor

I think people are getting fed up with this stay at home order and don't understand. We live in America the land of the free and the home of the brave. How long can one stay at home and not feel like a prisoner.

I think people should care for other people and be kind towards one another. We see so much violence and hate in our country, this does not surprise me. I guess they feel they are not going to live forever so why would they obey the order.

Too many entitled people with little or no common sense. This will continue to get worse the longer it goes on. Who would have thought we would have to be concerned about getting toilet paper, paper towels, hand sanitizer, and certain foods. Seniors having special hours to grocery shop. When you analyze this whole situation, it is  very difficult to grasp. I don't want anyone to die because some fool thinks it doesn't matter but we have to be realistic.

Honored Contributor

Unfortunately, there apparently is no way to CURE - STUPID!!!! 

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Honored Contributor

@CrazyKittyLvr2 wrote:

We are going to be under a stay at home order for months i these people don't pull their heads out of a certain orifice.

A woman I know is doing chemo. She bought into it's a hoax thing.  Well, her family had a birthday party 2 weeks ago and one of the out of state guests just tested positive.  Of course, she's worried now. 

I am concerned for her, but geez, what were you people thinking?

None of us like being cooped up, but just stay home.  Listen to the medical experts who know what they are talking about, not a lay person who doesn't know his/her azz from their elbow.

I love your last line.  I've been saying that too many people would rather believe a man who plays a doctor on tv than a real medical expert.

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@QueenDanceALot wrote:

@Deree wrote:

"STUPID" doesn't stop with ordinary people.  My local weatherman continues to talk about "getting outside to enjoy this beautiful day" when we have constant airing of PSA's throughout the day by our city and state Health Commissioners to "Stay Home- Save Lives."  I have written to him on his FB page imploring him to stop encouraging people to go out.  Just report the weather facts and stop with the glowing superlatives.  Some idiots argued with me saying we are allowed to go outside.  Yes, for essentials but at this point no one should even be going outside for recreational purposes if this crisis is going to end.

@Deree 

There is nothing wrong with going outside, to enjoy your yard, to take a walk, to ride a bike.  As long as you keep your distance from others it's a good thing to do.

I walk every day, I work in my yard, I mow my lawn.  All of it is all by my lonesome.

Going to the grocery, even when it's only essentials you're after, is a lot more risky.

@QueenDanceALot 

You must live in a much less dense area than I do.  Where I live it is NOT okay to encourage people to go out and it goes directly against advisements by our Health Commissioners. We are only supposed to go out for essentials. When I see other areas of the country where people are pretty much normally going out and about in crowds I worry they will soon experience the same fate. I am grateful our weather is mostly cloudy, damp, and in the 40s for the next week.  More people will stay home. As they should.  P.S. I don't believe the scientists know if this is an airborne virus yet. Do you know?

Wear a mask. Social distance. Be part of the solution - not part of the problem.
Esteemed Contributor

Not until the November election

Honored Contributor

@Deree wrote:

@QueenDanceALot wrote:

@Deree wrote:

@Deree 

@QueenDanceALot 

You must live in a much less dense area than I do.  Where I live it is NOT okay to encourage people to go out and it goes directly against advisements by our Health Commissioners. We are only supposed to go out for essentials. When I see other areas of the country where people are pretty much normally going out and about in crowds I worry they will soon experience the same fate. I am grateful our weather is mostly cloudy, damp, and in the 40s for the next week.  More people will stay home. As they should.  P.S. I don't believe the scientists know if this is an airborne virus yet. Do you know?

The typical means of transmission is by touching an infected surface and then touching your own face before you've washed or sanitized your hands. You don't want an infected person coughing directly into your face, but it's now largely believed to be spread by touch more than airborne.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!