Valued Contributor

Re: Is there any way to stop STUPID?

@Witchy Woman 

sadly, the answer to your question is no.

over my adult life time, i have asked a variety of people that are tasked with solving problems, from psychologists, to a state attorney general, to politicians (yeah, i know, that was stupid on my part - LOL), to medical doctors, the chief of police and lawyers and not one had an answer . . . . that was legal.

when i was young, one of my mothers friends use to always say "there is no place for stupid people to get help". i didn't understand what that meant back then, but i do now.

Trusted Contributor

"STUPID" doesn't stop with ordinary people.  My local weatherman continues to talk about "getting outside to enjoy this beautiful day" when we have constant airing of PSA's throughout the day by our city and state Health Commissioners to "Stay Home- Save Lives."  I have written to him on his FB page imploring him to stop encouraging people to go out.  Just report the weather facts and stop with the glowing superlatives.  Some idiots argued with me saying we are allowed to go outside.  Yes, for essentials but at this point no one should even be going outside for recreational purposes if this crisis is going to end.

Wear a mask. Social distance. Be part of the solution - not part of the problem.
Honored Contributor

@RedTop wrote:

If I were a grandparent, I would have started a journal and been writing down many daily details about living life with coronavirus in the US.   

Interesting that you should mention recording this era for posterity. I had been thinking about that and then read an article today that that's exactly what many are doing. @RedTop 

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Respected Contributor

@Witchy Woman 

In short, NOPE!

It's been happening way too often.  We can thank these idiots if this desease doesn't die down.  I keep thinking they're recyling the disease.

They feel it's "all about them & their good times.  To h*ll with anyone else."

Respected Contributor

@Sooner 

Exactly!

Respected Contributor

They're not stupid. They think they're immune, that the other guy gets sick, and so they do what they want to because there's no meaningful penalty.

Here's how to get their attention: You violate the gathering prohibition--and it better be a LAW, not a SUGGESTION--and you get written up, cited, using all of your ID. That goes on your permanent record with the police department.

The second time you violate the no-gathering order, you pay a $1,200 fine. Yes, the coronavirus bonus or whatever that is. Turn it into a real stimulus, stimulating these j-esses to stay in their homes.

The third time you violate the no-gathering order, you're arrested and taken to a holding cell, where you can percolate a while. You also have a $5,000 fine, and that's on top of forfeiting your $1,200 bonus. If you're getting unemployment, it's garnished.

MAKE SANCTIONS THAT HAVE SOME MEANING FOR ASOCIALS. Why should they be allowed to spread a potentially fatal disease to the rest of us?

Esteemed Contributor

@QueenDanceALot 

Please see my previous post about what I meant about "judging" this man.

In short, I meant his appearance, not his actions. 

He's an idiot that should have been locked up.  Period. 

Esteemed Contributor

@wilma 

Love this!

And, yes, I find myself squinting a lot these days.  Cat LOL

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@nevergivesup wrote:

For years now I have been amazed and horrified at the increasing prevalence of anti-education, anti-science attitudes in this country. In certain circles it has been wrapped in the flag and religion and resulted in people like this man who have become emboldened in their ignorance and inability to engage in critical thinking. They have magical beliefs, know what God is saying and can change positions on a dime when reality shows them wrong but still rationalize that they were right all along.

@nevergivesup 

Sending you several hearts!  ITA,  💙💙💙.

Say something about this, and the response is frequently (xxx) is just joking’  ~~~ hahaha.

No, it is no joke, it a serious case of no boundaries, no ethics, no self awareness, and massive hubris ~~~ no joke.  

Thank you, please don’t give up, I will not either.

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Honored Contributor

@noodleann  Excellent suggestion and the only way to stop or at least minimize these thoughtless people.