Trusted Contributor

Re: Is there any way to stop STUPID?

[ Edited ]

@gardenman  Yes I'm aware of the modes of transmission except for what the scientists do not yet know.  That is whether the virus is airborne.  Airborne transmission is when the droplets remain suspended in air for long periods of time long after the person has coughed or sneezed into the air.  Airborne transmission would be absolutely devastating if it is true.

Wear a mask. Social distance. Be part of the solution - not part of the problem.
Honored Contributor

@Witchy Woman wrote:

@Bird mama 

Agree.

This knucklehead, and those that attended his party, will be the ones using up all the limited hospital resources, without thought for other lives.

Makes me sad more than angry.

That's it exactly, @Witchy Woman  You said it well.

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I always wondered if 6 feet apart was enough. 

Not for me, I'd rather be much farther apart. 

Am not venturing out in the near future and we're coming up on 14 days this week of self containment.  

So much disdain for the CIC not keeping his distance with the rest of the members at the podium a week ago. 

And I see NYS governor very close to service members on GMA today Putting them at risk (and his own family members who come to his house on Sunday for the big Italian family dinner)......

Wouldn't want to stand anywhere near him at this point.

Honored Contributor

The first 3 letters of stupid backwards, explains it.  Dip!!!  

Honored Contributor

@Deree wrote:

@QueenDanceALot wrote:

@Deree wrote:

"STUPID" doesn't stop with ordinary people.  My local weatherman continues to talk about "getting outside to enjoy this beautiful day" when we have constant airing of PSA's throughout the day by our city and state Health Commissioners to "Stay Home- Save Lives."  I have written to him on his FB page imploring him to stop encouraging people to go out.  Just report the weather facts and stop with the glowing superlatives.  Some idiots argued with me saying we are allowed to go outside.  Yes, for essentials but at this point no one should even be going outside for recreational purposes if this crisis is going to end.

@Deree 

There is nothing wrong with going outside, to enjoy your yard, to take a walk, to ride a bike.  As long as you keep your distance from others it's a good thing to do.

I walk every day, I work in my yard, I mow my lawn.  All of it is all by my lonesome.

Going to the grocery, even when it's only essentials you're after, is a lot more risky.

@QueenDanceALot 

You must live in a much less dense area than I do.  Where I live it is NOT okay to encourage people to go out and it goes directly against advisements by our Health Commissioners. We are only supposed to go out for essentials. When I see other areas of the country where people are pretty much normally going out and about in crowds I worry they will soon experience the same fate. I am grateful our weather is mostly cloudy, damp, and in the 40s for the next week.  More people will stay home. As they should.  P.S. I don't believe the scientists know if this is an airborne virus yet. Do you know?

@Deree 

Any scientists/medical experts/epidemiologists/virologists I've heard (and I pay attention to a LOT of the news) continue to say that the mode of transmission is person to person droplets and there are no studies I can find that say the virus is floating around outdoors.  Keep your distance is what they continue to say.

I will continue to listen to my local authorities and governor who has been very conservative in his approach (all non-essential services are closed, no social gatherings are permitted, between adults OR children, social distancing is very strongly encouraged), and he updates us daily with decisions and information based in science.

If it's not possible to keep distance in your area outdoors, then you do what you have to do.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@elated wrote:

I think people are getting fed up with this stay at home order and don't understand. We live in America the land of the free and the home of the brave. How long can one stay at home and not feel like a prisoner.

I think people should care for other people and be kind towards one another. We see so much violence and hate in our country, this does not surprise me. I guess they feel they are not going to live forever so why would they obey the order.

Too many entitled people with little or no common sense. This will continue to get worse the longer it goes on. Who would have thought we would have to be concerned about getting toilet paper, paper towels, hand sanitizer, and certain foods. Seniors having special hours to grocery shop. When you analyze this whole situation, it is  very difficult to grasp. I don't want anyone to die because some fool thinks it doesn't matter but we have to be realistic.

We live in the Land of the Free and the Home of the Brave because many, of our brave forefathers and mothers were willing to sacrifice their Personal Comfort, and Convenience, up to and including their lives to fight for it.  

I have no tolerance, or sympathy for those who can not handle a bit of Personal Inconvenience, or who think they are so Special that nothing for the good of the country applies to them.

In my world that is reality.

“Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.'”

Isaac Asimov

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Drythe. for your comments 

big heart.png and also for your Asimov quote.

Strive for respect instead of attention. It lasts longer.