Honored Contributor

You get awe and respect from your fellow posters because you are “in the know”!

Trusted Contributor

Re: Is there a prize...

[ Edited ]

Some of us just like to discuss after newsworthy events are read on yahoo and other outlets.  

For some reason, "reporting" what we have just read annoys some people.

It doesn't annoy me because I like to read the opinions of others.   

This question "Is there a prize..." is the reason I wait for someone else to post today's news. 

There is nothing wrong with posting today's news.  

It is the backlash I wish to avoid.  Nothing like reading some sarcastic reply to your thoughtful thread that you need to stop immediately from posting the news that anyone can read for themselves!!!   Well I disagree! 

Respected Contributor

@Junebug54

There is a prize, there just has to be one, maybe two prizes but

there are at least 3-4 posts of the same thing.

I shake my head and think to myself, whatever.

Honored Contributor

Curious as to what prompted the start of this thread?  Is someone upset at multiple postings of the same topic or has someone challenged another poster's claim to be "first in the know"?

It doesn't bother me one way or the other.  I read the threads I think will interest me and skip the rest.  And sometimes, people just don't realize another poster has already started a thread on a topic (especially with all the different forums).  It happens!

Honored Contributor

@puttypiesmom wrote:

Some of us just like to discuss after newsworthy events are read on yahoo and other outlets.  

For some reason, "reporting" what we have just read annoys some people.

It doesn't annoy me because I like to read the opinions of others.   

This question "Is there a prize..." is the reason I wait for someone else to post today's news. 

There is nothing wrong with posting today's news.  

It is the backlash I wish to avoid.  Nothing like reading some sarcastic reply to your thoughtful thread that you need to stop immediately from posting the news that anyone can read for themselves!!!   Well I disagree! 

Yeah, I don't see this as a competition.  People just want to share news and chat about it with others who post here. 

Since I'm a later  day poster, I usually am not the one to post the latest...but don't mind that others, do. 

Honored Contributor

@GenXmuse wrote:

You get awe and respect from your fellow posters because you are “in the know”!

@GenXmuse                          !

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Trusted Contributor

What prompted  this thread was the many posts that John McCain died.   I'm pretty sure this would have (and did )  make major headlines.. but yet there were many posts reporting this news on  the QVC message boards.    Maybe some of you don't watch the news.. who knows... If that's the case I apologize.    

Honored Contributor

@Junebug54 wrote:

What prompted  this thread was the many posts that John McCain died.   I'm pretty sure this would have (and did )  make major headlines.. but yet there were many posts reporting this news on  the QVC message boards.    Maybe some of you don't watch the news.. who knows... If that's the case I apologize.    

I actually don't watch the news during the day. Sometimes tune in on the car radio, but usually listen to music

Sometimes the first time I hear breaking news is on this board.  I might be waiting my turn at an appointment and browse the newest topics. 

Respected Contributor

I don't think there is a prize for posting first...just with so many people on this forum it does not surprise me that several people would end up posting the same news...perhaps it would be a good idea when someone started a post that there were a popup that said so and so already posted this topic so you don't need to...this may help or maybe it won't...I watch the news and there are times when I just want to share with those that don't (I do try to search the topic first to see if there are any new posts)...I saw so many posts on Facebook and Instagram of people paying their respects to Sen McCain and others; especially veterans that respected him...so I guess I don't understand why several people posting is an issue..each poster has their own take on the subject and I respect their views!

Honored Contributor

That's how news/gossip spreads. I wish the moderators could consolidate them all under one thread.